Quality & Accreditation
Quality Care at Lutheran Hospital
Cleveland Clinic believes in providing quality of care information to patients and the public. As a non-profit hospital and responsible member of the community, you should know how we are performing.
- The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologists
- ODH-Behavioral Health
- ODH-Radiology, Mammography (MQSA), Nuclear Medicine
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Nuclear Medicine
Awards and Honors
- U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's top hospitals in its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey and has named Cleveland Clinic's heart program No. 1 in the nation since 1995.
- Anthem Blue Distinction, 2012 & 2014
- Total Value Designation: Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Honor
- Aligning Forces for Quality: Reducing Readmissions
- Pathway to Excellence Designation by American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Vizient 2016 Quality Leadership Award
- Lutheran Hospital was named as one of Joint Commission’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in 2013 & 2014
- Recognized for achieving excellence in performance for pneumonia and surgical care measure sets
- 2016 Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score - Grade “A”
- NICHE designated 2015 & 2016
- Practice Greenhealth | Partner for Change Award 2014 & 2015
Lutheran Hospital has been designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) as on the Pathway to Excellence® Hospital and on the Journey to Magnet Excellence® designation. This designation recognizes a health care organization’s commitment to creating a positive practice environment that empowers and engages staff and sustains a culture of excellence in nursing.
Nursing at Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital
Nurses at Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital exemplify the Mission of the Cleveland Clinic. An integral part of each interdisciplinary team that cares for our patients, nurses use an evidence based approach to caring for the complex needs of their patients. Nurses at Lutheran work seamlessly with all hospital departments, providing the highest quality care. Lutheran nurses take an innovative approach to patient care delivery by conducting research studies and piloting programs for new technology and methods of patient care. In everything they do, the patient is always the focus.
Who We Are
Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital has served the needs of Ohio City, downtown Cleveland, and its west side communities since 1896. It is a 203 bed acute care facility that offers a wide range of services for routine and specialized care. Lutheran Hospital maintains a robust nurse Shared Governance structure, with all nursing units participating. Nurses have a voice in their practice, and partner with nursing leadership to identify solutions for improving patient care. Lutheran nurses also attend and present at several national conferences each year. Additionally, nurses are supported in their professional growth and education throughout their career with resources for advancing their education and attaining nursing specialty certifications. These and many other reasons are proof that Lutheran Hospital nurses are committed to excellence. They have been awarded the prestigious Pathway to Excellence® designation twice, and are currently on their journey to attain their first Magnet® designation.