Cleveland Clinic Akron General is following guidelines provided by Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and our three LifeStyles centers are open to all members.
LifeStyles is Open
Safety is our top priority as we reopen. Changes that will be in place at our facilities include:
- Member-only access for the time being: No guest pass or “pay to use” service.
- Screening and thermal scans: We will be asking COVID-19 screening questions and checking temperatures of everyone who enters.
- No key pad access. LifeStyles staff will assist with check-in and check-out service.
- Only credit or debit cards will be accepted for point of sale transactions. No cash accepted.
- Face masks: all visitors and LifeStyles members are required to wear a cloth mask at all times, except when swimming.
- Limited access: Each area is labeled with a maximum occupancy level allowing for one member per 120 square feet.
- Hand sanitizer stations: Additional stations have been added. Wash your hands often. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Sanitation cleaning stations: Supplies added. We ask every member to wipe down equipment after use.
- Safety monitors: Caregivers in red vests will wipe down equipment and make sure members are maintaining social distancing.
- Equipment: Use of equipment will be limited to every other machine in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Towels will be available at the front desk only. They will not be available in the locker rooms. Some lockers will be blocked off to avoid people being too close to one another.
- Group exercise classes: Both land and water class participation will be limited in order to follow social distancing guidelines. Land classes will be moved to the gymnasium.
- Pools: 1 lap swimmer per lane. Water exercise classes will be limited to space capacity.
Areas to Remain Closed
Opening dates for these areas is to be determined:
- Babysitting and KidStyles.
- Swim lessons. Private swim lessons may start in August 2020.
- Steam room and sauna.
- Use of gymnasium: no team activities.
- Center lane of the indoor track.
What is Needed from You
We ask all returning members to complete a new Medical Health Questionnaire. Please complete and return to the front desk at LifeStyles during your next visit.
We hope that you, your family members and friends are healthy and safe.
Questions and Concerns
If you have questions, please contact us during the hours of Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.