MyConsult Online Medical Second Opinion
For over 90 years, patients and families have turned to Cleveland Clinic for quality medical advice and treatment. Now you may consult with our world-renowned physicians from the comfort of your home by utilizing the MyConsult® Online Medical Second Opinion service.
Cleveland Clinic’s MyConsult Online Medical Second Opinion service is available for patients who have already received a first opinion from their physician and would like to confirm that the diagnosis and treatment plan recommended (from the first physician opinion) is the best option. For a fee of $565.00 ($745.00 if pathology is included), you can receive a MyConsult Online Medical Second Opinion which securely connects patients via the web with the diagnostic expertise of world renowned Cleveland Clinic physician specialists.
MyConsult Request Process
To request an online medical second opinion, you must set-up a secure online account and navigate through a seven step process and provide all of the information required by our physician/s. Once all of the required medical records are received and found to be complete, your case will be assigned to a physician. Our physician specialist will review and provide a comprehensive report in approximately 10-14 business days (Monday-Friday). We recommend that the patient share and discuss the report with his/her family or hometown physician.
Please note that all online submissions and medical records pertaining to your online medical second opinion must be translated to English prior to being submitted to the Cleveland Clinic MyConsult office.
When it comes to your health and well-being, confidently understanding your condition and your options is an important step in pursuing what is best for you.
We recommend that you have all of the necessary medical records and health information available before logging into the MyConsult website so you can easily enter in the requested data. During the MyConsult online submission process, you can save your information at any time to ensure your data isn't lost if you begin and have to stop. Once you have all of the necessary health information, follow these steps:
- Create a secure account with a unique user name and password and enter in your personal information if you are the patient or patient’s requestor.
- Select your current diagnosis (or the diagnosis of the patient if you are the patient’s requestor) and fill out the online medical history questionnaires.
- Enter in payment information so you can move to the next step in the process.
- We will provide you with a checklist of the required materials you will need to send to us in order for our physician/s to provide a comprehensive online second medical opinion report to you.
- Lastly you will approve and submit your request.