Kristin Kirkpatrick is the Lead dietitian and manager of Wellness Nutrition Services at Cleveland Clinic Wellness & Preventive Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. She is a best-selling author, an experienced presenter, and an award winning Dietitian. Kristin has been seen on both local and national shows such as the TODAY show, NBC Nightly News and the Dr. Oz show and has contributed to several national Newspapers and magazines such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME, Runners World, Oprah, Martha Stewart Living, Food Network, Costco Connection, Self and Women’s Health. The Huffington Post named Kristin “one of 35 diet and nutrition experts you need to follow on twitter.”
Kristin is a sought after national speaker on a variety of nutrition and wellness related topics. In addition, Kirkpatrick writes for TODAY.com, the Huffington Post, U.S. News and World Report and is a featured expert on Cleveland Clinic's Health Essentials. Kristin also serves on Dr. Oz’s Medical Advisory Board as well as the Advisory Board for Lose it!
Kristin has over 17 years of experience in the health management area, holds an MS in Health Promotion Management from American University in Washington, D.C., and a BA in Political Science from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. She is licensed as a Registered Dietitian in the state of Ohio. In May 2012, Kristin received the Ohio Outstanding Dietetic Educator of the year award and, in 2013, received alumni of the year from her high school, Gilmour Academy.
In her free time, Kristin enjoys running, reading, and spending time with her husband Andy, her 2 sons Jake and Boden and their goats and dogs in their home outside of Cleveland.
- Learn more about this provider
- In January 2017, Kristin published her first book, Skinny Liver: A Proven Program to Prevent and Reverse the New Silent Epidemic—Fatty Liver Disease
- Find Ms. Kirkpatrick as a contributor on Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials.
Recent news articles featuring Ms. Kirkpatrick:
- 11/11/2020: Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, shares advice on how to properly read food nutrition labels. Watch the story. - WKYC-TV 3
- 10/30/2020: Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, shares tips for losing weight while in quarantine. Read the story. - WebMD
- 10/05/2020: Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, discusses the 80/20 diet as an optional postpartum diet. Read the story - TODAY.com
- 05/14/2020: Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, shares what you should know about the endomorph diet. Read the story - TODAY.com
- 05/13/2020: Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, talks about the Sirtfood diet. Read the story - TODAY.com
- 03/05/2020: Is it beneficial to remove dairy from your diet? Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, weighs in. Read the story. - Refinery29
- 02/24/2020: Cutting your calories too low can actually be bad for your health and even derail your weight-loss goals. Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, explains. Read the story. - LIVESTRONG.com
- 02/20/2020: Researchers say plant-based diets can increase gut bacteria that is beneficial for healthy aging and decrease gut bacteria that is harmful to heart health. Kristin Kirkpatrick, RD, comments. Read the story. - Healthline
I’m Alexis Supan, a Cleveland native and registered dietitian for ten years. I received my Bachelors in Dietetics from the Ohio State University and later received my Master of Public Health with a focus on Health Education and Disease Prevention from Case Western Reserve University. For the past seven years I have been an outpatient dietitian at the Lake Health Bariatric Surgery Center in Lake County, where I helped people learn to eat well so they can stay healthy for life after bariatric surgery.
- Available for virtual appointments or in-person in Lakewood, Lyndhurst, Amherst and Strongsville. Call 216.448.4325, option 4 to schedule.