Chiropractic physicians are established members of the mainstream medical team. They treat problems involving the muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, cartilage and nervous system. Chiropractic physicians can perform soft-tissue therapies, prescribe corrective exercises, and safely manipulate the spine or joints to help you potentially avoid surgery and medication. You may benefit from the chiropractor’s “hands on” approach to relieve chronic pain from old injuries or for acute pain from new injuries, including:
- Neck or back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Shoulder, elbow or wrist pain
- Knee, hip or ankle pain
What do wellness chiropractic physicians do differently?
Wellness chiropractic physicians consider the “whole patient” and not just the area that hurts. They receive extra training in exercise prescriptions, corrective exercises, advanced nutrition, and dietary and lifestyle intervention. Wellness chiropractic physicians are specially trained to incorporate chiropractic treatment into complex medical care, working with your primary care doctor and specialists.
What to Expect
During an initial one-hour visit, the chiropractic physician will:
- Ask detailed questions about your personal and family health history
- Give you a thorough orthopedic and neurological exam
- Evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves in any problem area(s)
- Create a customized treatment plan based on your needs
- Coordinate all ongoing care with your primary care doctor or specialist(s)
What does chiropractic treatment involve?
Chiropractic treatment is aimed at improving your musculoskeletal mechanics, increasing your strength and alleviating your discomfort. The goal is to restore you to full function while your body heals itself naturally. Safe, noninvasive, effective treatments that help to restore pain-free movement and normal range of motion include:
- Corrective or rehabilitative exercises prescriptions to increase muscular endurance, improve function and reduce stresses on the body
- Soft-tissue therapy, including active release therapy, myofascial release therapy and cross-tissue friction massage (the Graston Technique®)
- Spinal or joint mobilization and manipulation, when needed
- Joint bracing and taping to support an injured area or for performance
- Nutrition recommendations to reduce weight, relieving joint pain and posture problems, and reduce inflammation
Are visits to wellness chiropractic physicians covered by insurance?
The vast majority of chiropractic treatments are covered by health insurance plans. Check with your insurer, however, because coverage differs among carriers.
Appointments & Locations
Chiropractic Treatments are offered at multiple locations, call 216.448.4325 to schedule.
1950 Richmond Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44195
Amherst Family Health Center
5172 Leavitt Road
Lorain, OH 44053
Sports Health Center
5555 Transportation Blvd.
Garfield Heights, OH 44125
Twinsburg Family Health & Surgery Center
8701 Darrow Road
Twinsburg, OH 44087
Willoughby Hills Family Health Center
2570 SOM Center Road
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094