In this Shared Medical Appointment (SMA) you will learn:
- Healthy dietary pattern that nourishes the body, reduces inflammation, and supports healing.
- How stress impacts your health and tools to reduce stress response.
- Good sleep hygiene and how sleep impacts your health.
- How exercise impacts your health and practical ways to make exercise a daily routine.
- Nutritional considerations to augment healing during and after COVID.
- Fatigue: Low energy, weakness, lethargy.
- Brain Fog: Headache, brain fog (poor concentration, difficulty focusing, poor memory).
- Insomnia: Difficulty with falling asleep, staying asleep.
- Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, bloating, gassiness, constipation, diarrhea.
- Heart: Fast or irregular heart rate, dizziness, palpitations.
- Respiratory: Cough, congestion, shortness of breath.
- Mood: anxiety, depression, lethargy, moodiness, irritability.
- Other: Body aches, thyroid abnormality, autoimmune conditions.
What to Expect
Where and when are these SMAs held?
Long COVID SMAs are currently being scheduled as virtual visits through MyChart.
- Call for dates and availability.
- Core: Six visits, once a week. Each session is 90 minutes long.
Will I have to leave my primary care physician?
No, you will keep your primary care. During these appointments, physicians will work with your primary care to address the lifestyle-related aspects of your condition. The treatments will address a combination of physical, mental and emotional symptoms.
How will I maintain my progress at home?
After each session, you will be given a limited set of key practices to implement into your daily life. Needless to say, regular practice leads to lasting lifestyle modifications that promote health.
Covered by most plans
Shared medical appointments are covered by most insurance plans. Participants are responsible for insurance copays for each appointment. There is no copay for Cleveland Clinic employees.
Appointments & Locations
All appointment for this SMA are held virtually. To register or reserve your spot, call the Center for Integrative and Lifestyle Medicine at 216.448.4325, option 1.