Many of us notice some forgetfulness as we age. If you are concerned that your memory is not as sharp as it used to be, Cleveland Clinic Brain Health and Wellness can help.
Being Proactive About Brain Health
Common health problems that can affect memory include menopause, Parkinson’s disease, depression and anxiety, diabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis and alcoholism. If you have any of these conditions, you can take steps to protect your cognitive (thinking and understanding) abilities. Research shows that you can build memory and brain power in three ways:
- Through deeply engaging, meaningful activities
- With physical activity that enhances the flow of nutrients and oxygen continued
- By learning new skills that require intense focus and concentration
Taking steps to protect your brain health will help you enjoy a fulfilling, productive career and, later on, an active and meaningful retirement. Ours is a preventive program, geared to healthy adults of any age who wish to keep their memories clear and their cognition razor sharp over time. Brain Health & Wellness is a good fit if you’re an experienced professional who wants to stay at the top of your game. It is also a good fit if you are concerned about occasional memory lapses including those associated with aging.
Brain & Wellness Fact Sheet
To find out if Brain Health & Wellness is right for you, a preventive medicine specialist will first perform a thorough assessment. If we determine that further evaluation is indicated, we will refer you to the appropriate Cleveland Clinic specialists. If evaluation demonstrates that our program can benefit you, we will schedule your Brain Health & Wellness appointments.
Appointments are offered at Cleveland Clinic Lyndhurst Campus. Please call 216.448.4325 to schedule your initial consult.
How the Program Helps
How Our Program Can Help You
In six weekly appointments, Cleveland Clinic Brain Health and Wellness can help you maximize your brain health through:
- Cognitive exercises: Train your mind with memorization tools, mind-stretching games, and special activities to engage multiple brain domains to create beauty and meaning in your life.
- Nutrition education: Learn about the differences between real and whole foods versus processed foods and manufactured calories.
- Physical activity: Focus on interval training, balance and posture while simply increasing opportunities to move.
- Relaxation training: Discover how imagery, meditation, and mindfulness all help to improve your stress levels and protect brain function.
Covered by most plans
Shared medical appointments are covered by most insurance plans. Participants are responsible for insurance copays for each appointment and for a one-time charge for program materials. (There is no copay for the physician component of this program for Cleveland Clinic employees.)
Cleveland Clinic Brain Health and Wellness appointments are offered at the Center for Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine, in the serene surroundings of the Wellness Institute on Cleveland Clinic’s Lyndhurst campus.