This two-year intensive fellowship provides unparalleled exposure to all clinical and investigational aspects of urologic robotics and laparoscopy. The fellowship involves one year of high volume clinical training (approximately 800 robotic urologic procedures) and one year of research (10 to 20 peer reviewed publications, lab research and clinical outcomes).
Clinical training in the area of urologic oncology includes:
- Prostate cancer: Radical and simple robotic prostatectomy
- Renal cancer: Robotic partial nephrectomy, cryoablation and laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Bladder cancer: Radical cystoprostatectomy and partial cystectomy, including intracorporeal urinary diversion
- Adrenal surgery: Robotic and laparoscopic total or partial adrenalectomy
Thorough experience in reconstructive urological surgery includes:
- UPJ obstruction: Pyeloplasty
- Ureteral reconstruction: Ureteroneocystostomy, psoas hitch, Boari flap, ureteroureterostomy, ileal interposition
Participation in groundbreaking, advanced surgery includes:
- Laparoendoscopic single-site robotic surgery (LESS)
- NOTES procedures
- Use of novel technologies and advanced instrumentation
Historically, the Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute’s Center for Robotic & Image-Guided Surgery has been at the forefront of many major advances in the field. Research activities include various outcomes-based and laboratory-based studies as well as opportunities to author invited peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. Candidates will work alongside research fellows for an invaluable opportunity to develop wide-reaching academic relationships. The center also hosts multiple international meetings in which the fellow will have the opportunity to help organize and participate.
Regularly performed procedures
- All types of laparoscopic and robotic
- Urological surgery, including Laparo-Endoscopic
- Single Site Surgery (LESS)
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply in their senior resident year (one year prior to graduation) through the Endourology Society.
Jihad H. Kaouk, MD
Director, Center for Robotic & Image-Guided Surgery
Fellowship Program Director, Advanced Urological Robotic and Laparoscopy
Cleveland Clinic Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute
9500 Euclid Ave., Q10-1
Cleveland, OH 44195 USA
For any further questions or details, please email Debbie Denos (email@example.com).