The Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute conducts a robust research program that fosters a culture of innovation and collaboration. Physicians and scientists within the institute work closely with colleagues in the Lerner Research Institute, the basic science research arm of Cleveland Clinic, pursuing laboratory-based and clinical research as well as translational research that applies laboratory findings to improve patient care.
Cleveland Clinic patients benefit from the latest treatment modalities in nephrology and urology, where scientists and clinicians working together continue to advance innovations and accelerate the process of bringing novel therapeutic agents from the laboratory to the bedside.
Research & News
Publications & ConsultQD
- Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute publications provide information about the latest developments and treatment options in nephrology and urology.
- Consult QD - Urology & Nephrology. Get the latest insights and perspectives from Cleveland Clinic clinicians and researchers on innovations, research, technology, patient care and treatment.
Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute works in close collaboration with Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute to offer clinical trials and the latest research outcomes.
Learn more about our recent research and outcomes:
- Prostate GPS Helps Detect Cancer - Cleveland Clinic physicians detect cancer with groundbreaking "GPS" technology
- 2017 AAAS Fellows Recognized for Advancing Science
- Molecular breath analysis identifies the breathprint of renal failure
- Heemers Lab Discovers Novel Mechanism that Drives Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer Researcher Earns Two Prestigious Awards
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Evaluation and Medical Management in Primary Care
- Calming the Overactive Bladder: An Update on New Devices and Technologies Emerging
- Quality of Life Study in Early Prostate Cancer Shows Neoadjuvant Androgen Deprivation Therapy May Not Improve Quality of Life
- Chronic Kidney Disease in African-Americans: Puzzle Pieces Falling Into Place
Find Clinical Trials for Prostate, Kidney, Bladder and Testicular Cancer
Department of Urology Research Laboratories:
- Novick Center for Clinical and Translational Research
- Andrology Research Laboratory
- Center for Advanced Research in Human Reproduction, Infertility and Sexual Function
- Center for Pelvic Medicine and Surgery Laboratories
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Research Laboratory
- Prostate Cancer Labs
- Transplant Immunology Laboratory
The Novick Center for Clinical and Translational Research
The Novick Center for Clinical and Translational Research supports the research efforts of all members of the Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute. Headed by Daniel Shoskes, MD and John Sedor, MD, the center includes a research manager, research nurses, study coordinators, database managers and IT support personnel.
The center manages a number of clinical trials and disease-specific databases that serve as a source for clinical projects and outcomes reporting. Biostatistical support is provided through the Department of Quantitative Health Sciences Center and personnel frequently collaborate with scientists in Cleveland Clinic’s Lerner Research Institute.