R.E.D.E. to Communicate®: Pain Management Conversations extends the successful model of relationship-centered communication into the specific context of managing pain. This convenient on-line course is grounded in evidence-based practice, adult learning theory and experiential learning techniques.
Communication That Transforms Relationships
Pain management conversations can often lead to conflict and frustration for both the patient and provider. This course presents strategies to better understand the person not just the pain and to authentically validate his or her experience without sacrificing what we now know about treatment efficacy. This course is designed to transform your communication with patients and their support systems from one of conflict to collaboration. The R.E.D.E. to Communicate®: Pain Management Conversations provides a framework for connecting with patients around what matters most to them and then creating a dialog that benefits both patient and provider in the final outcome.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of pain management on patients and providers
- Identify common challenges associated with managing pain conditions
- Identify relationship-centered communication skills for pain management
Learn from the Leader
In pioneering the R.E.D.E.® Model, Cleveland Clinic has emerged as a leader in improving clinician communication. This advanced topic eLearning course will identify the common challenges associated with managing pain conditions and help you develop the skills necessary for relationship-centered communication in the context of pain management conversations.
What is it?
- Designed specifically for clinical care providers
- Provide tools you can use in pain management conversations
- Based on the R.E.D.E.® Model — a relationship-centered communication approach that applies validated communication skills to three phases of Relationship: Establishment, Development, and Engagement
- A self-paced online course featuring seven brief, interactive videos
- Conducted at your desktop or laptop via MyLearning