This program has been designed specifically for women who require weight management for the prevention and/or reversal of weight-related disease states.
An advocate for prevention and wellness, Karen Cooper, DO, director of obesity management for the Women’s Health Institute, offers patients the option of going through the program using virtual shared medical appointments or going through the program using more traditional in-office visits.
Who This Program Benefits
Women (21 or older) who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) 30 and greater
- Medical conditions exacerbated by excess weight gain or obesity including but not limited to:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Post-partum weight retention
- Diabetes Mellitus type 2
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Hormonal weight gain