The 7th Annual Nursing Innovation Summit will:
- Encourage and inspire nurses to identify themselves as innovative thinkers.
- Highlight successful invention experiences.
- Explain different methods to take an idea from ideation to implementation.
- Provide framework to build one’s team.
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Huntington Convention Center
300 Lakeside Ave E
Cleveland, OH, 44113
Faculty, Agenda & Accreditation
Dr. Bonnie Clipper
Dr. Bonnie Clipper is the chief clinical officer at Wambi, a patient engagement and employee recognition platform aimed at empowering compassionate care, fueled by the voices of patients and their families. Bonnie was the first vice president of innovation for the American Nurses Association and created the innovation framework and the innovation journey that is bringing 4 million nurses into the innovation space. She has spent more than 20 years in executive nursing roles and has transitioned over the past four years to focus on innovation. Her innovation work has been highlighted by Health Leaders Media and Becker’s Healthcare Review. She speaks internationally on topics of innovation and emerging technologies impacting nursing. Dr. Clipper is a Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellow alumna and an ASU/AONE Executive Fellow in Health Innovation Leadership alumna. Her research interests include building cultures of innovation and importing the voice of the nurse into the design and development of care models and technology.
RN, BS, MSN, FIEL
Rebecca Love, RN, BS, MSN, FIEL is a nurse entrepreneur, inventor, TedX Speaker and first nurse featured on Ted.com, and part of the inagural nursing panel featured at SXSW 2018. Rebecca, was the first Director of Nurse Innovation & Entrepreneurship in the United States at Northeastern School of Nursing – the founding initiative in the Country designed to empower nurses as innovators and entrepreneurs, where she founded the Nurse Hackathon, the movement has led to transformational change in the Nursing Profession. Rebecca is an experienced Nurse Entrepreneur, founding HireNurses.com in 2013 which was acquired in 2018, and currently serves as the Managing Director, US Markets for Ryalto. In early 2019, Rebecca, along with a group of leading nurses in the world, founded SONSIEL: The Society of Nurse Scientists, Innovators, Entrepreneurs & Leaders. Rebecca is passionate about empowering nurses and creating communities to help nurses innovate, create and collaborate to start businesses and inventions to transform healthcare.
Rebecca holds a M.S. in Nursing from Northeastern University, B.A. in International Relations/Spanish from Boston University, and is currently Faculty at Norwich University, sits on the board of NextGen Ventures & the Host Committee for the Massachusetts ACLU. She currently lives in Marblehead, Massachusetts with her husband and 3 children.
Speakers and Innovators
- Rebecca Love, MSN, ANP, RN
- Bonnie Clipper, DNP, RN, MA, MBA, CENP, FACHE
- Lynda Benton, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc
- Roxana Reyna
- Elizabeth Mikula
- Danielle Bastien
- Sandra M. Maciak-McConnell
- William Morris, MD, Executive Medical Director of Innovations
- Robert (Bobby) Anderson, DNP, APRN, CNP, Bloodworks LLC
- Karl West, MS, Learner Research Institute
|8 a.m. - 8:10 a.m.||Welcome
|8:10 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.||Opening Comments
|8:20 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Keynote
|9:30 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.||Break|
|9:50 a.m. - 11 a.m.||Innovator stories
|11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||From ideation to implementation
|11:30 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.||Anti-problem thinking
|11:50 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:35 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.|| Keynote
|1:45 p.m. - 2 p.m.||Break|
|2 p.m. - 3 p.m.||From the ground up
|3 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.||Brainwriting
|3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.||Teamwork makes the dream work
|4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Final thoughts
Cleveland Clinic Enterprise is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Early registration deadline is October 16, 2019
- Registration can be refunded if received before September 6, 2019. After that date registration may be transferred to another individual.
- Various self-parking areas are located around the Huntington Convention Center. For location and prices, please see the nearby parking map
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be served with vegetarian and gluten-free options available
- For any questions, please contact Lee Anne Siegmund, PhD, RN at email@example.com
- Register Now!
|Conference Fees||Rates Before October 4, 2018||Rates after October 4, 2018|
|Cleveland Clinic Employee||$75.00||$75.00|
|Non-Cleveland Clinic Employee||$249.00||$279.00|
Exhibitors & Vendors
We welcome exhibitors at the Nursing Innovation Summit. There are a variety of options for vendors, exhibitors and sponsors. For details, contact Lee Anne Siegmund, PhD, RN at firstname.lastname@example.org.