We understand that a cancer diagnosis not only impacts the patient but also their families and care partners (anyone who is actively involved in the care of a cancer patient).
At Cleveland Clinic, exceptional cancer care is complemented by services that address the emotional, psycho-social and financial needs of our patients. Our Patient Support Services are provided at no charge and made possible solely by way of philanthropic support.
These services, which are also available to family members and care partners, include:
- Art Therapy: Patients and care partners can explore the expressive, healing power of art using a variety of media, including drawing, painting, collage and sculpture.
- Music Therapy: Music therapy provides a unique opportunity for self-expression, distraction, comfort, and support. Explore the creative ways music can aid patients and care partners during treatment through listening, reflecting, singing or playing.
- Reiki: Reduce stress and anxiety and increase relaxation and energy levels through the “power of the human touch.” This complimentary wellness therapy promotes healing and a sense of positive well-being.
- Yoga: Patients and care partners are welcome to discover the healing practice of yoga. Yoga can help promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, increase energy and strength, and improve flexibility and overall sense of well-being.
- 4th Angel Mentoring Program: The Cleveland Clinic 4th Angel Mentoring Program is an innovative, interactive approach to cancer support in which patients and care partners are matched with trained volunteer mentors with similar age and cancer experiences. The program is a national, free service that emphasizes one-on-one contact to best empower care partners and patients with knowledge, awareness, hope and a helping hand.
- Social Work: Oncology social workers at Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center are licensed professionals. They are skilled in addressing the counseling, support and advocacy needs of patients and care partners. If you have an issue you would like to discuss, call 833.291.3438 and ask to meet with a social worker.
Caring for the Care Partner Virtual Support Series
If you are caring for a loved one living with cancer, you are not alone. We are here to support you. We’ve created an online series where you can connect with other care partners and learn about supporting yourself and your loved one. Each session will include a presentation by one of our cancer center experts, followed by a question and answer session.
To register or learn more about our Virtual Support Series, visit clevelandclinic.org/taussigcarepartnersupport or call 216.445.CARE (2273).
Zoom details and login information will be sent to you prior to each session.