Outpatient Nutrition Counseling
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) can improve your health and quality of life. MNT can result in fewer doctor's visits, fewer hospital stays and reduced prescription drug use. The registered and licensed Dietitians at Union Hospital offer outpatient nutrition counseling for those seeking guidance in good nutrition and for several disease states including, but not limited to:
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Obesity and weight management
- Pre- and post-bariatric surgery
- Celiac disease
Medicare Part B covers three hours of MNT for diabetes and end-stage renal disease prior to dialysis in the first year and two hours every year after. To schedule your appointment, call 330.364.0854, and we will contact your doctor for a referral.
Mobile Meals of Dover-New Philadelphia, Inc. is a non-profit voluntary community food service providing area residents with nourishing food at a nominal cost. Mobile Meals serves those temporarily unable to prepare adequate meals for themselves. Mobile Meals is a convenient and affordable service. Many people receive meals when they are:
- Recuperating from a hospital stay or recent surgery.
- Temporarily or permanently disabled.
- Transitioning to a new dietary program.
- Unable to access transportation and cannot shop for food items.
- Permanent service is available to those who, without the service, would be unable to continue to live on their own and remain self-sufficient. There is no age, maximum income or asset limitation.
How the program works:
- A doctor’s order is not required to enroll for Mobile Meals. The only requirement for service is need.
- The Union Hospital Dietary Department plans and prepares the meals, while Mobile Meals volunteers package and deliver them.
- Meals are delivered between 12:15 and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, except major holidays. A Mobile Meals volunteer will deliver a hot nutritious dinner to be eaten at mid-day and a light supper, consisting of hot soup and a sandwich plus dessert, to be eaten later. Volunteers use their personal car at their own expense.
- Mobile Meals delivers to New Philadelphia, Dover, Strasburg, Sugarcreek, Bolivar and a limited rural area outside each of those towns.
- The minimum service period is one week (5 days). The current charge for meals is $32.50 per week per person. That is 10 meals for $32.50.
The Mobile Meals office, located at Union Hospital, is open weekdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. To enroll in the program, call 330.364.0870.