Marymount Hospital’s Emergency Department provides a convenient location with advanced technology and a wide range of medical expertise. We offer treatment for everything from common illnesses to critical injuries.
Our Emergency Department is located near the hospital's Intensive Care Unit for safe and rapid patient transfer, if necessary. The Intensive Care Unit at Marymount Hospital provides the highest quality care 24/7, for patients ranging from acute to critically ill.
For more information about emergency services at Marymount Hospital, call 216.587.8170.
Patient-Centered Circular Design
Designed to deliver emergency care with a patient-centered approach, Marymount Hospital’s Emergency Department features an innovative circular plan. Nursing stations, patient monitoring stations and medication supplies are located in the center, surrounded by 30 private treatment rooms. This design enhances patient care by allowing nurses a clear line of sight to all patients at all times, and encourages communication between patients, family members and the medical team.
- Our spacious waiting area was designed with the physical and emotional comfort of patients and families in mind.
- Walk-in patients and their families will find comfortable seating and conveniently located restrooms, telephones and vending machines in a cheerful, contemporary setting.
- Quiet areas are available for consultation or private contemplation, and our hospital chaplain is on call for spiritual support.
A team of board-certified emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants and specially trained nurses staff our Emergency Department around the clock. In a typical year, they provide care for more than 36,000 patients from infants to seniors, for illnesses and injuries ranging from ear infections to heart attacks.
Certified Stroke Care
Our Emergency Department has been designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation, recognizing Marymount Hospital’s stroke care program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients. It signifies that the quality care we provide meets the unique and specialized needs of stroke patients.
- Marymount Hospital has specialists in the areas of heart and vascular medicine, neurology and stroke, diabetes and general internal medicine. Other specialty areas are available for emergency consultation as needed.
- As a Cleveland Clinic hospital, Marymount’s emergency medicine physicians can consult with Cleveland Clinic experts in more than 100 different specialties to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality care.
- Our physicians are committed to including the family in the patient care team. Whenever possible, they communicate with family members during the patient’s care to keep them informed regarding their loved one’s condition, progress and treatment plan. A family member or friend is encouraged to remain with the patient in the treatment room for support and reassurance.
Emergency Physician Services
The emergency medicine providers at Marymount Hospital are full-time physicians and physician assistants who care for our patients 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please provide current and complete insurance information to the Emergency Department registration personnel so there is no delay in processing any claims for your visit.
If you have any questions concerning your emergency physician account, call toll-free 800.225.0953.
Marymount Hospital Specialties
Marymount Hospital is committed to providing exceptional patient care in a wide variety of medical specialties. Learn more about the programs and services we offer.