Body contouring refers to procedures designed to deliver a more pleasing shape of your body by removing excess skin and/or underlying fat. Liposuction can be used to remove fat and sculpt a more aesthetically appealing form in difficult areas of the body. “Tummy tucks” can remove excess skin and tighten core muscles. “Lifts” can be done on other areas to improve the appearance of the arms, legs, breasts or upper or lower back.
Some body contouring procedures can be combined and many are performed on an outpatient basis. When you consult with a Cleveland Clinic Florida plastic surgeon, we address all of your concerns to treat your body as a whole rather than focusing on one isolated area.
The body contouring procedures we offer include:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty
- Upper Back Lift
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Neck Lift
- Eye Lift (Blepharoplasty)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty)
- Breast Implants (Augmentation Mammoplasty)
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Thigh Lift
- Bikini Lift (Mons Pubis and Labioplasty)
What to Expect
When deciding on cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, it is important to consult with an expert. During your consultation at Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Center one of our board-certified physicians will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations as well as the following:
- Review your complete medical history (including past and current medications)
- Discuss any medical conditions that could affect your procedure’s outcomes
- Explain the benefits, risks and timeline for the procedure
- Evaluate the part of your body that would be treated
- Give recommendations
- Answer any questions you may have
At your consultation, if you wish, you also may see “before” and “after” photographs of our patients who have undergone similar procedures. You will leave your first visit with a clear idea of the options available to you, as well as any risks involved.
Our plastic surgeons also may collaborate with physicians from other medical and surgical specialties to provide you with the best and most comprehensive care for your aesthetic and reconstructive needs.
To schedule a consultation, please call 954.659.5220
Insurance rarely covers the cost of copays and/or elective cosmetic surgery and procedures. For an explanation of payment options, including CareCredit financing to pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by medical insurance, please call 954.659.5220 and ask to speak with one of our caregivers.