Since the 1970’s hundreds of thousands of women have undergone the placement of breast implants for cosmetic or reconstructive goals. Over time, many of these women have experienced problems with their silicone or saline breast implants and have presented to their surgeons for management. The Plastic Surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic Florida are experts at the management of these often-complex surgeries and the “en block” technique. If you are concerned about rupture, or you have symptoms associated with “hardening” of your implants or breast implant associated disease (BIAD), please reach out for a consultation with one of the Plastic Surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic Florida.
- En Block Removal of Breast Implants
- Removal and Replacement (Augmentation)
- Removal and Lift (Mastopexy)
- Removal and Reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty)
What to Expect
When deciding on cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, it is important to consult with an expert. During your consultation at Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Center one of our board-certified physicians will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations as well as the following:
- Review your complete medical history (including past and current medications)
- Discuss any medical conditions that could affect your procedure’s outcomes
- Explain the benefits, risks and timeline for the procedure
- Evaluate the part of your body that would be treated
- Give recommendations
- Answer any questions you may have
You will leave your first visit with a clear idea of the options available to you, as well as any risks involved.
Our plastic surgeons also may collaborate with physicians from other medical and surgical specialties to provide you with the best and most comprehensive care for your aesthetic and reconstructive needs. To schedule a consultation, please call 954.659.5220
Insurance rarely covers the cost of copays and/or elective cosmetic surgery and procedures. For an explanation of payment options, including CareCredit financing to pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by medical insurance, please call 954.659.5220 and ask to speak with one of our caregivers.