Following a mastectomy, patients have a wide variety of options for breast reconstruction. It is important to consult with a Cleveland Clinic Florida plastic surgeon early in the treatment planning. Our plastic surgeons are part of a multidisciplinary breast cancer team and offer a wealth of experience in this specialized care.
We were the first team in the world to employ lasers in breast reconstruction – a technique now considered standard of care by many experts. We have taken 3-D technology out of the laboratory and brought it into the operating room. And we are pioneering restoring sensation in the reconstructed breast.
Cleveland Clinic Florida Plastic Surgeons offer excellent support to patients with breast cancer and understand the process necessary in treatment and care to re-gain a positive self-image.
The breast reconstruction procedures we offer include:
- Direct to Implant
- Tissue Expander, Immediate
- Tissue Expander, Delayed
- Pre-Pectoral Breast Reconstruction
- Implant Exchange
- DIEP (Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator) Flap
- SIEA (Superficial Inferior Epigastric Perforator) Flap
- TRAM (Transverse Rectus Abdominis Myocutaneous) Flap
- Latissimus Dorsi Flap
- SGAP/IGAP (Superior and Inferior Gluteal Artery Perforator) Flaps
- TUG (Transverse Upper Gracilis) Flap
What to Expect
When deciding on cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, it is important to consult with an expert. During your consultation at Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Center one of our board-certified physicians will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations as well as the following:
- Review your complete medical history (including past and current medications)
- Discuss any medical conditions that could affect your procedure’s outcomes
- Explain the benefits, risks and timeline for the procedure
- Evaluate the part of your body that would be treated
- Give recommendations
- Answer any questions you may have
At your consultation, if you wish, you also may see “before” and “after” photographs of our patients who have undergone similar procedures. You will leave your first visit with a clear idea of the options available to you, as well as any risks involved.
Our plastic surgeons also may collaborate with physicians from other medical and surgical specialties to provide you with the best and most comprehensive care for your aesthetic and reconstructive needs.
To schedule a consultation, please call 954.659.5220
Insurance rarely covers the cost of copays and/or elective cosmetic surgery and procedures. For an explanation of payment options, including CareCredit financing to pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by medical insurance, please call 954.659.5220 and ask to speak with one of our caregivers.