White Board Sessions
These videos highlight questions and answers about esophageal disease and treatments.
Featuring Siva Raja, MD, PhD
- What is Achalasia?
- Treatment of Achalasia
- Esophageal Cancer
Panel Discussions: Achalasia
Achalasia - Three Part Series
Featuring: Siva Raja MD, PhD, FACS and Scott Gabbard, MD
- What is it?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms?
- What are the treatments?
- How is recovery?
- How do people feel after surgery?
- Who should get what procedure?
- Are types of achalasia related to treatment
- Are you at risk for cancer if you have achalasia?
- What is involved in long term treatment of achalasia?
- What happens if your symptoms occur again after you have had surgery?
- What are the outcomes of treatments?
Panel Discussions Early Esophageal Cancer
Early Esophageal Cancer – Minimally invasive and Novel Treatment Options: 4 Part Series
Featuring: Siva Raja MD, PhD, FACS, Madhu Sanaka, MD, FACG, FASGE, and Amir Bhatt, MD
- What treatments are available?
- EMR – endoscopic mucosal resection
- ESD – Endoscopic submucosal dissection
- How do you decide who gets what treatment is best for the patient?
- What testing is required?
- What are the benefits of ESD?
- What should a patient expect after ESD?
- When can you eat after ESD?
- How difficult is it to do an ESD procedure?
- What are the outcomes?
- What is on the horizon for ESD?
- What are the innovations that we will see with ESD and treatment of esophageal cancer?
- What are treatments for more advanced esophageal cancer?
- Why is a team approach important?
- What should you look for in a center when you have esophageal cancer?