Having a Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence solution for employees can be critical for employers seeking to keep their employees healthy over time. Cleveland Clinic’s Spine & Orthopaedic Center of Excellence programs strive to help individuals looking to improve their quality of life. Cleveland Clinic’s Neurological and Orthopedic and Rheumatology institutes are among the top-ranked places to receive care according to U.S. News and World Report. Whether an employee is getting their hip replaced or needs to have their spine surgery recommendation confirmed, they can expect to receive elite care from the most sought-after physicians in the world.
Benefits of participating in the Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence:
- Price transparency through global case rates.
- With a staff of salaried physicians, there’s no incentive to recommend unnecessary treatments.
- A cost savings due to surgical avoidance, thanks in part to the complementary appropriateness of care reviews done by some of the best surgeons in the world.
- Confidence that your employees are following the correct and most cost-effective treatment path.
- Improved outcomes and recovery times, allowing patients to return to work sooner.
- Our multidisciplinary approach, which covers pre-operation and post-surgical rehabilitation.
- Reduced readmissions and complications.
When employers implement a carve-out benefit, it covers the employee, as well as their covered dependents, in the Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence. In this solution, all deductibles and co-insurance are covered, as well as travel and hotel expenses for the patient and a companion. By helping take care of the details, patients can focus on what is most important — their health and recovery.
Ready to learn more about our Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence? Contact us today.
Orthopaedic Center of Excellence
Cleveland Clinic’s Orthopaedic Center of Excellence (COE) works to get employees feeling like themselves as soon as possible. Our nationally ranked Orthopaedic program is number 1 in Ohio, performing over 8,000 hip and knee replacement surgeries annually, with consistent outcomes above national averages.
Key features of this solution include:
- Care teams that use an asynchronous communication platform to engage patients at scale across their care journey through automated virtual check-ins.
- Patient engagement before admission and post-discharge with automated daily check-ins.
Our communication style means that patients understand what to do, when to do it and why.
Spine Center of Excellence
Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Spine Health plays a vital part in our Spine Center of Excellence (COE), which helps patients with back and neck conditions, ranging from the most common to the most complex.
Nationally recognized specialists at Cleveland Clinic perform over 4,000 surgeries annually, which means patients receive the most innovative, effective medical and surgical treatments available. Our multidisciplinary approach to care makes this program so uniquely effective. The team includes:
- Pain psychologists.
- Pain addiction psychiatrists.
- Pain management anesthesiologists.
- Medical spine physicians.
- Surgical spine surgeons.
- Advanced practice providers.
This quality and distinction not only sets our Spine Center of Excellence apart from competitors, but helps in effectively treating those in need of non-emergency surgeries. Cleveland Clinic's group practice physician model ensures there’s no incentive to provide surgical intervention. This means experts work to make certain each patient has the correct diagnosis and treatment plan, which results in surgery only being performed when absolutely necessary.