Cleveland Clinic's Bariatric Center of Excellence offers unparalleled support, cost savings, and quality to employers and their plan members. Taking place in the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute — an accredited center by the American College of Surgeons American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery — employers can rest assured their employees receive the best care, with the best outcomes at a transparent price.
Our physicians review the medical history and diagnosis of program participants before determining the correct course of treatment. We then assign a patient navigator who serves as a single point of contact throughout a patient’s weight loss surgery journey. They offer the critical encouragement and support we believe participants need along the way.
When employers implement a carve-out benefit, it covers the employee and required medical record review for select procedures in the Bariatric Center of Excellence. Our team works to orchestrate travel arrangements (when applicable) and implements exceptional concierge services for every program participant. When we help take care of the details, patients can focus on what is most important — their health and recovery.
Benefits of participating in the Bariatric Center of Excellence:
- Price transparency through global case rates with optional pre-and post-surgical warranties.
- A cost savings due to cost avoidance of unnecessary surgical procedures, a benefit of Cleveland Clinic’s group practice model.
- Confidence plan members are following the correct and more cost-effective treatment path.
- Our pioneering surgeons perform more than 95% of all procedures with minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques, improving patients' healing and recovery time.
- Quality outcomes compared to similar hospitals.
- With a staff of salaried physicians, there’s no incentive to recommend unnecessary treatments.
Ready to learn more about our Bariatric Center of Excellence? Contact us today.