- 2-3 funded positions are available annually. Typically a one year commitment.
- Preference is given to trained plastic surgeons with a 1 year commitment.
- Unfunded positions are available for US medical students, MD/DOs.
- International applicants looking for an unfunded position should provide proof of funding from an external organization. Personal funds can be used for not more than 50% of the designated salary (for more information contact email@example.com).
Prerequisite training/selection criteria
- Any US Medical Student (MD or DO) or who has dedicated research time;
- Any International MD that has satisfied the TOEFL exam requirements.
Goals and objectives for training
Cleveland Clinic's Department of Plastic Surgery research fellowship program is a comprehensive program allowing the fellows to gain experience both in basic science and clinical research. Fellows conduct and assist with preparation of the research projects, obtaining IACUC and IRB approvals, grant application and animal and human subject research. In addition, fellows are trained in basic and advanced microsurgery techniques and help running the microsurgery training course. The fellows are involved also in multiple research projects involving anatomical dissection in the anatomy lab.
The fellowship program is designed to develop research skills, help teach clinical and scientific knowledge, as well as build fellows into future surgeon-scientists in a rigorous but collegial setting.
Educational program - basic curriculum
Outside of their research duties, research fellows are expected to attend actively weekly plastic surgery conferences, lab meetings and monthly journal clubs hosted by the department of Plastic Surgery. They are further encouraged to attend national meetings, partake in cadaver labs, and make full use of the microsurgery lab during their time as a fellow.
How to apply
If interested in finding out more information regarding the fellowship or if you would like to apply to the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity & Inclusion
Discover the role diversity and inclusion plays at Cleveland Clinic and at its Graduate Medical Education program, as well as our diversity and inclusion efforts.Learn more