In addition to delivery of convenient, comprehensive and high-quality primary care, the goals of Cleveland Clinic Community Care include studying approaches to improve delivery of patient-centered care and educating the next generation of physicians and caregivers in providing superior personalized healthcare.
Cleveland Clinic Community Care offers patients the following advantages:
- An innovative team approach to healthcare, led by the primary care physician who collaborates with specially trained nurses and physician assistants to provide you and your family comprehensive, accessible care
- Delivery of the highest quality primary care and superior patient experience through coordination of services with sub-specialists and other medical specialists including hospital medicine, pharmacists, and social workers
- Providing enhanced access to Cleveland Clinic primary care and preventive services
- Being a national leader in chronic disease management and research in primary care settings, particularly in diabetes
- Serving as a laboratory for innovation around the care delivery model and in medical education
- Educating the next generation of doctors
- Lead the enterprise in the move to population management in the era of healthcare reform
Hospitals and doctors are not all alike. They vary in quality due to differences in their training, experience and services. Differences in quality matter more when you need sophisticated medical care for a complex condition. The doctor and hospital you choose will have a direct impact on how well you do – especially when you need treatment for a serious condition or disease.
Considering where to go for your primary care? Access data and treatment outcomes for Cleveland Clinic Community Care:
Learn more about quality and Cleveland Clinic outcomes:
Diabetes Care Initiative
The International Diabetes Center is pursuing diabetes provider recognition through NCQA (National Committee on Quality Assurance).
Cleveland Clinic Community Care and the Endocrinology & Metabolism Institute have partnered with United Healthcare and the International Diabetes Center of Park Nicollet Health System to assess and improve our diabetes care in all primary care areas.
Hypertension Care Initiative
A Hypertension Improvement Team, led by Robert Jones, MD, was notified that their application to American Medical Group Association’s Compendium of Best Practices in Managing Hypertension was accepted. The team will receive a $2,500 education grant to support quality improvement efforts and the development of a case study for future publication.
Select patients can now see our primary care physicians online from their home or office by using the Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online tool. This service allows patients a fast, secure and easy way to receive care from their healthcare team in a live virtual visit using a smartphone (iPhone or Android), tablet or computer. Virtual visits cost only $49, and the benefits of choosing this appointment option include no travel or parking, no facility fee, less waiting, significant time savings and the convenience of seeing your physician from wherever you choose.
If you would like to use Express Care Online for your next visit, please call your provider’s office. If you are eligible, our team will schedule your virtual visit and provide details on the cost of your appointment and setup instructions.