Our Video Suite
Our video suite is designed to fully prepare patients for bariatric surgery by informing them about the procedure, risks, and benefits associated with undergoing treatment with Cleveland Clinic. Feel free to browse them and learn more about bariatric surgery.
Additional Education Videos
View more videos below:
- CBS Evening News Story: Cleveland Clinic study finds the benefits of bariatric surgery include decreased risks of heart attacks and strokes, as well as healthier blood sugar levels.
- Videos from American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS):
- A Bariatric Surgery Story – Not an Extreme Solution to Treat Your Obesity
- Millions of Americans Qualify for Bariatric Surgery. Do You?
- Don’t Believe the Myths. Learn the Truth about Bariatric Surgery
- Dr. Ali Aminian explains the clinical effects of bariatric surgery on Type 2 diabetes at the 2018 Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons Meeting.
Butts & Guts Podcast
Updates in Bariatric Surgery
Listen to Jesse Gutnick, MD as he discusses bariatric surgery, obesity, BMI and criteria for surgery candidates. Plus, learn what patients can expect when they come to Cleveland Clinic for this surgery and what the recovery process entails.
Podcast: Bariatric Surgery and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity
Listen to this podcast to learn more about our study on the benefits of metabolic surgery for patients with type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Podcasts for Relaxation Strategies
These podcasts introduce you to a number of mind and body tools that will help you manage stress, change your lifestyle, and improve your eating and activity habits.
Web Resources and Information Guides
Visit Cleveland Clinic's Health Essentials to read articles on the benefits of bariatric surgery, how to prepare, and how to continue success after surgery.
- Cleveland Clinic Bariatric and Metabolic Institute Guide to Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Bariatric Surgery Patient Pre Surgery Education
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right For Me?Download our free treatment guide to learn more about weight loss treatment options. Download Treatment Guide
If you’re interested in weight loss surgery or medical management, register today for our free online or in-person informational seminar. You’ll learn about what to expect, available options and receive answers to common questions.