How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute's Residency or Fellowship Programs. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the application instructions below.
Please submit all application materials through the CAS/San Francisco (SF) Match service.
Residency application deadline is September 9, 2016 and interviews will be November 6-7, 2016.
Applicants who meet all of the appropriate residency criteria and match with us will need a training certificate/medical license from the State of Ohio prior to starting their residency training program.
Interview Selection Criteria:
The Committee gives the highest consideration to all applicants and we have no specific requirements. However, criteria we deem important in the selection process includes:
- Outstanding college and medical school academic records.
- Competitive scores on USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (if taken).
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal communication skills, as evidenced by letters of recommendation, Dean's letter and medical school rotation evaluations.
- A commitment to advancing medical knowledge through laboratory research, clinical research or medical education.
- A passion for ophthalmology as indicated by involvement in research, medical school ophthalmology, electives, etc.
Applications will be reviewed following the deadline. Once candidates are selected for interview, notification of interviews will be made via email by the program coordinator. For the four vacancy positions, approximately 50-60 candidates will be interviewed.
Please submit all application materials through the CAS/San Francisco (SF) Match
service. Fellowship application deadlines for 2016 are posted on the respective SF Match program webpages.
A permanent medical license from the State of Ohio for fellowship training is required. State of Ohio medical licensing guidelines.
International Medical Graduates
For more information regarding eligibility and visas, please visit Graduate Medical Education's International Trainee webpage
For more information about Cleveland Clinic's training programs, please visit Graduate Medical Education.
For questions, emails are the preferred form of communication.
Cole Eye Institute
9500 Euclid Ave., i-13
Cleveland, OH 44195 USA
Schedule an Appointment Online
Call us for an Appointment
To find a Cole Eye Institute specialist for your needs, contact us at 216.444.2020 (or toll-free 800.223.2273, ext. 42020)
To arrange a same-day visit, call 216.444.CARE (2273)