C5Research is a team of experienced and dedicated clinical trial specialists within the Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute of Cleveland Clinic. We bring scientific and clinical leadership in cardiovascular disease in combination with operational excellence to conduct Phase II-IV multicenter clinical trials.
Since 1991, we have leveraged the clinical expertise of over 500 physicians across multiple specialties throughout Cleveland Clinic providing academic leadership and coordination for trials ranging in size from <100 to 24,000 patients.
Cleveland Clinic is nationally ranked and globally recognized as the world leader in cardiovascular care.
What We Do
We are an academic group dedicated to achieving the highest quality work following ICH/GCP guidelines.
We understand industry timelines and commit to delivering on time. We bring world class academic leadership to clinical trials and a viewpoint and independence that satisfies the demanding peer-reviewed scrutiny of the academic and scientific community.
Working closely with Cleveland Clinic physicians, we provide:
- Overall trial leadership
- Project and Site Management capabilities with extensive clinical and research experience and expertise allowing for successful implementation, conduct, and conclusion of clinical trials.
- Independent oversight of clinical trial committees (Data Safety Monitoring, Executive and Steering Committees)
- Imaging Core Laboratories that perform high quality and timely image analysis
- Clinical Events Committee (CEC) that is highly reliable and timely in adjudicating clinical events
- Statistics to support protocol development, independent review of study results and manuscript preparation
- Publication of trial results in top tier medical journals having a major impact on the practice of medicine
C5R Physician Leadership
Chief Academic Officer, Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute
Associate Director of C5Research and
Director, Cardiovascular Imaging
Director, Atherosclerosis Imaging Core Laboratory
Associate Director, Clinical Events
Director, Cardiac Rehabilitation; and Quality Director,
Ruth Cannata, BSN, RN
Director of Operations
Mary Del Valle, BSN, RN
Clinical Events Committee
Ashley Beltran, MSHS, RDMS (AB)(OB)(PS), RVT
Cardiovascular Imaging Core and
Atherosclerosis Imaging Core Laboratories
Ellen McErlean, MSN, RN, FAHA
Project and Site Management
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Information
Research QA & Regulatory
Kathy Wolski, MPH
Statistics and Clinical Data Management
Terri Zito, BS, CRCP
Contracts and Finance