C5Research is a team of experienced and dedicated clinical trial specialists within the Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute of Cleveland Clinic. We bring scientific and clinical leadership in cardiovascular disease in combination with operational excellence to conduct Phase II-IV multicenter clinical trials.
Since 1991, we have leveraged the clinical expertise of over 500 physicians across multiple specialties throughout Cleveland Clinic providing academic leadership and coordination for trials ranging in size from <100 to 24,000 patients.
Our expertise in cardiovascular disease is recognized worldwide, as evidenced by U.S. News & World Report consistently naming Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's top hospitals in its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey, as well as Cleveland Clinic's heart program No. 1 in the nation since 1995.
What We Do
We are an academic group dedicated to achieving the highest quality work following ICH/GCP guidelines.
We understand industry timelines and commit to delivering on time. We bring world class academic leadership to clinical trials and a viewpoint and independence that satisfies the demanding peer-reviewed scrutiny of the academic and scientific community.
Working closely with Cleveland Clinic physicians, we provide:
- Overall trial leadership
- Project and Site Management capabilities with extensive clinical and research experience and expertise allowing for successful implementation, conduct, and conclusion of clinical trials.
- Independent oversight of clinical trial committees (Data Safety Monitoring, Executive and Steering Committees)
- Imaging Core Laboratories that perform high quality and timely image analysis
- Clinical Events Committee (CEC) that is highly reliable and timely in adjudicating clinical events
- Statistics to support protocol development, independent review of study results and manuscript preparation
- Publication of trial results in top tier medical journals having a major impact on the practice of medicine
C5R Physician Leadership
Associate Director of C5Research and
Chief Academic Officer, Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute
Director, Cardiovascular Imaging
Director, Atherosclerosis Imaging Core Laboratory
Associate Director, Clinical Events
Ruth Cannata, BSN, RN
Director of Operations
Kimberly Brown, RN, BSN
Clinical Events Committee
Ruth Cannata, BSN, RN
Project and Site Management
Annitta Flinn, BA, RDCS, CCRC, FASE
Cardiovascular Imaging Core and
Atherosclerosis Imaging Core Laboratories
Mark Henderson, BS, MBA
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Information
Research QA & Regulatory
Kathy Wolski, MPH
Lead Biostatistician, Statistics
Terri Zito, BS, CRCP
Contracts and Finance