Our pediatric pulmonologists offer consultation, diagnostic testing, and treatment of chronic and acute lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis and asthma in children and adolescents. In addition to treating hospitalized children and adolescents at Cleveland Clinic's main campus, our pulmonary specialists have outpatient practices in many convenient locations throughout Northeast Ohio.
Cleveland Clinic Children's Pulmonology program is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Children’s Hospitals.”
Our pediatric pulmonologists, critical care specialists and allergists have unparalleled expertise, attracting national and international patients seeking diagnosis or advanced treatment, often for rare or complex disorders.
In providing effective treatment for children with respiratory illness, our pediatric pulmonologists collaborate with top Clinic pediatric specialists and surgeons in areas such as:
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Hematology & Oncology
- Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation
Cystic Fibrosis Center
Cleveland Clinic is accredited as a Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Care Center from the US Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We join a network of 100 + Care Centers across the US specializing in the diagnosis, management and treatment of individuals with CF. Our expert, multi-disciplinary team has a combined experience of more than 140 years of cystic fibrosis clinical care practice.
We provide patient and family centered care in a welcoming environment supported by the unique clinical resources and cutting edge technology of the Cleveland Clinic Our accredited Adult Care Program sees persons with any severity of CF, those who may have a diagnosis of CF and those requiring pre lung transplant evaluation and post- transplant lung transplant care. Our experienced Cleveland Clinic CF Team provides care for CF patients of all ages from the newborn period through adulthood. Our multidisciplinary Care Team consists of adult pulmonologists, pediatric pulmonologists, nurse practitioners, nurses, research coordinators, social workers, respiratory therapists and experts in CF nutrition.
Cleveland Clinic accepts most primary and secondary OH medical insurance plans including Medicare, Medicaid, BCMH, Medicaid HMO and Private Insurance plans. For more information, patient referrals, appointments, or questions about Cystic Fibrosis please call 216.442.GOCF (4623).
In addition to comprehensive clinical evaluation, we emphasize patient/parent education to enable self-management. We provide access to both complete pulmonary function and allergy diagnostic testing, and can provide specialty care from board-certified pulmonologists and allergists within a single visit.
Pediatric Center for Airway, Voice and Swallowing Disorders
We coordinate child and adolescent patient evaluations, as well as diagnostic and surgical procedures. Our integrated visits combine expertise/perspective from multiple disciplines. Our specialized pediatric team includes:
- Speech, Voice and Feeding Therapists
What We Treat
Pulmonology is a specialty that focuses on diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and conditions of the lungs and respiratory tract. Our team of pediatric pulmonary physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists provides complete diagnosis and management for children with allergic disease, breathing disorders, and other lung diseases, including:
- Airway, voice, and swallowing abnormalities
- BPD/chronic lung disease of prematurity
- Chest wall deformities (Pectus deformities)
- Congenital malformations of the lung
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Cough and stridor (persistent or recurrent)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Home ventilator management
- Interstitial lung disease
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Pneumonia and infectious lung conditions
- Pulmonary complications of transplants (solid organ & bone marrow)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Respiratory services
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s has a dedicated Pediatric Pulmonary Function lab for evaluating each child’s respiratory condition.
- Our Pediatric Pulmonary specialists are experts in performing flexible bronchoscopy on children, a procedure that allows the physician to closely examine the lungs and airways, obtain diagnostic samples, and perform interventions. These procedures are performed with sedation or anesthesia by a dedicated team of Pediatric Anesthesiologists.
- Our Center brings together a number of different pediatric specialists who collaborate to provide individualized care for children with conditions such as asthma, pneumonia, sleep apnea or stridor.
Appointments & Locations
Make an Appointment
216.444.5437 or 800.223.2273, ext. 45437
Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.