The Center for Pediatric Infectious Diseases evaluates children both in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- A pediatric infectious diseases specialist is always on-call and is available daily for hospital consultations.
- We treat young patients with infections in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, including critically ill children after surgery and organ transplantation.
- In select cases, our infectious diseases team is able to offer home intravenous antibiotic therapy that is arranged prior to hospital discharge and managed in our outpatient area.
A pediatric infectious diseases specialist is available for outpatient consultation. Common reasons for referral include:
- Prolonged/unexplained or recurrent fevers
- Ongoing or recurrent infections
- Complicated skin, bone, and soft tissue infections
- TB exposure
- Manage outpatient intravenous antibiotics
Questions regarding outpatient referral or consultation can be directed to 216.445.2322.
Travel Clinic for Children
- Staff are available to give vaccines and destination-specific travel advice.
- It is recommended that appointments occur one month prior to travel, whenever possible.
- Information regarding travel destination/itinerary and prior vaccination records should be brought to the appointment.
What We Treat
Our team of pediatric physicians treats children and adolescent patients with routine to complex problems, such as:
- Blood infections
- Bone, skin and joint infections
- Community acquired infections
- Infections in patients with or undergoing: Cancer chemotherapy, Transplantation, Inflammatory bowel disease, Chronic renal disease or Congenital or acquired immune deficiencies
- Kidney infections
- Parasitic diseases
- Postsurgical infections
- Travel related infections
- Viral infections
- Call: 216.444.5437 or 800.223.2273, ext. 45437
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
- Online: Make an appointment
- Call: 216.445.2322
- Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Call: 216.444.5437 (444-KIDS)
- Hours: 9 a.m. – Noon, Fridays