The Center for Pediatric Infectious Diseases evaluates children both in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- A pediatric infectious diseases specialist is always on-call and is available daily for hospital consultations.
- We treat young patients with infections in the pediatric and neonatal intensive care units, including critically ill children after surgery and organ transplantation.
- In select cases, our infectious diseases team is able to offer home intravenous antibiotic therapy that is arranged prior to hospital discharge and managed in our outpatient area.
A pediatric infectious diseases specialist is available for outpatient consultation. Common reasons for referral include:
- Prolonged/unexplained or recurrent fevers
- Ongoing or recurrent infections
- Complicated skin, bone, and soft tissue infections
- TB exposure
- Manage outpatient intravenous antibiotics
Questions regarding outpatient referral or consultation can be directed to 216.445.2322.
Travel Clinic for Children
- Staff are available to give vaccines and destination-specific travel advice.
- It is recommended that appointments occur one month prior to travel, whenever possible.
- Information regarding travel destination/itinerary and prior vaccination records should be brought to the appointment.
- Call: 216.444.5437 or 800.223.2273, ext. 45437
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
- Online: Make an appointment
- Call: 216.445.2322
- Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Call: 216.444.5437 (444-KIDS)
- Hours: 9 a.m. – Noon, Fridays