How We Can Help
If your insurance plan is not accepted at Cleveland Clinic, or if you do not have insurance ("a self-pay patient"), a Patient Financial Advocate will meet with you prior to scheduling your appointment.
Your Patient Financial Advocate will:
- Prepare an estimated cost of services for you.
- Estimates may not represent the full scope of charges you actually incur.
- Request a deposit for half of the estimated cost of services.
- If the deposit turns out to be more than your final bill, you will be refunded once the insurance balance has been settled. If there was no insurance involved, we will refund your money once all charges have been totaled.
- Discuss whether you are eligible for government or Cleveland Clinic health system financial assistance programs.
Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate
If you do not have health insurance or are not using it, under the law you have the right to receive a good faith estimate for the cost of your scheduled services. You can request a good faith estimate at any time. To request one, contact a Patient Financial Advocate or create your own estimate.
If you would like to speak with a Patient Financial Advocate, please call 216.442.1600 or 855.831.1284 (toll-free).
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.