Quality patient care is of utmost importance at Cleveland Clinic. Many of the treatment options offered by our center require multiple evaluations. Scheduling these appointments with the appropriate providers can be challenging to navigate. That is why our staff developed a comprehensive system that walks patients through our care process from the initial phone call to the final evaluation.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with Cleveland Clinic’s Las Vegas location, you can expect the following evaluation process:
Step 1: Call our Appointment Schedulers
To schedule an appointment, call 702.483.6000.
Our patient service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.
Step 2: Patient Registration
When you call to schedule an appointment, our patient service specialist will register you as a new patient to Cleveland Clinic. Please have your basic information, including your address, phone numbers, emergency contacts and current insurance information, available when you call. You will also need a referral from your primary care provider or general neurologist.
Step 3: Verifying Payment Options
We will discuss your payment options, which span commercial insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and cash. You will know prior to your appointment what your estimated cost will be.
Step 4: Identifying the Appropriate Physician and Scheduling the Appointment
Your patient service specialist will ask you a variety of questions in order to schedule you with the appropriate provider. It might also be necessary for your patient service specialist to review your medical history before scheduling the appointment. If this is needed, the schedulers will assist you in obtaining your medical records by contacting your primary care provider with you on the phone.
Once the patient service representative reviews the records, we will schedule you with the appropriate Cleveland Clinic physician. Please bring all reports or current scans, such as MRIs or X-rays, from your current primary care provider to your appointment.
What to Expect for Your Appointment
Get to know our medical team.
- Check-in: Our Patient Service Specialists notify the provider that the patient has arrived and arrange for an escort upstairs to our clinic.
- Welcome: Patients and families are welcomed by our volunteer team and accompanied to the patient care area.
- Electronic Medical Record: We greet the patient and present an electronic questionnaire. Through MyChart, a secure web portal, patients and authorized caregivers may access their health records 24/7 via the Internet.
At Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, the safety of our patients, caregivers and staff is paramount. To that end, we must ask that everyone in our facility adhere to these behavior guidelines:
- Refrain from the use of profanity; verbally abusive, offensive, and/or sexually suggestive language; or threatening statements.
- Refrain from any act of or threat of inappropriate behavior.
- Behave in a respectful manner toward all individuals during all verbal, written and electronic interactions.
Individuals who violate these Behavior Guidelines are at risk of formal discharge from the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and/or removal from our property, and may not be eligible to receive further care at our facility.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Cleveland Clinic’s employees and volunteers are here to assist you with any concerns and provide you with excellent healthcare. You may contact our office at 702.483.6000 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please contact Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health as soon as you know you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment. This way, your appointment time can be used by someone who is in urgent need of care. Our services are in high demand and your early cancellation will give another patient the opportunity to access more timely care.
Failure to contact the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health to cancel at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment is considered a violation of the No-Show Guidelines.
Patients who accrue three violations within 12 months are at risk of being discharged from the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and may not be eligible to receive further care.
How to Cancel your Visit:
- Contact our office at 702.483.6000 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Use the MyChart patient portal, if you have signed up.
- Use the text message reminder system.
Thank you for your attention to this policy, and for entrusting the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health with your care.
Testing & Diagnosis
Our neurologists work together to make a diagnosis, drawing on the skills of complementary fields as needed.
- Imaging: State-of-the-art imaging, including a 3-Tesla MRI and PET/CT, provides additional diagnostic certainty.
- Neuropsychology: Board-certified neuropsychologists evaluate the relationship between the brain and behavior.
Our team assesses the full range of patient needs, from physical to psychological. Depending on those individual needs, a patient will be referred to appropriate services.
- Individual & Family Services: A diagnosis of a brain disorder is life-changing for both the patient and the family. No-cost social work, support services and education help families maximize quality of life in the face of new challenges.
- Neurorehabilitation: Our physical, occupational and speech therapy programs are tailored to those experiencing the effects of brain disorders.
Developing New Treatments for the Future
Learn how you can help.
- Clinical Trials: Clinical trials are the only way to find a cure or new treatments for current or future generations. We encourage diversity in participation not only by patients but also by friends and family, because healthy volunteers with normal memory and thinking ability are the most difficult group for us to find. We have conducted 70 trials since 2009.
The team at Cleveland Clinic Nevada recognizes that whether you have been newly diagnosed or have been living with a brain disease for many years, you can be left with a lot of unanswered questions or overwhelmed by ongoing management of the disorder. To help, we now offer our established patients an option to conveniently see a neurology provider online using the Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online tool.
Enjoy the convenience of seeing a specialist from wherever you choose. If you would like to use Express Care Online for your established patient appointment, please call our office. If you are eligible, our team will schedule your virtual visit and provide details on the visit cost and setup instructions.
Patients in Elko, Nevada now have access to experts in evaluation, diagnosis and treatment via video-conference, thanks to collaboration with our Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health Las Vegas location. Timely diagnosis is the first stop to creating an effective treatment program that vastly improves the quality of life of patients with neurological disorders.
Limited access to specialty care often delays early intervention for patients and their caregivers in rural locales.
The physicians and advanced practice clinicians at the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health address these factors in a unique way, using videoconferencing technology to connect in local communities and provide memory screening, diagnosis and treatment. Videoconference technology allows for a continuity of care for patients in their own community who would otherwise not have access to high-level specialty care from brain health experts in Las Vegas.
For those in rural communities, the benefits of seeing a Cleveland Clinic medical professional in real-time via telemedicine (videoconference) include:
- Enjoying family support in one's own community
- Avoiding difficult and costly travel
- Accessing earlier diagnosis prior to further disease progression
- Receiving no-cost patient and caregiver education and support
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Las Vegas
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health advocates a multidisciplinary, patient-focused approach, promoting collaboration across all care providers who are conveniently located on one easy-to-navigate campus.
To schedule an appointment, please call 702.483.6000.
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health - Las Vegas
888 West Bonneville Ave.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89106
- Download a map of our Las Vegas campus
- Planning a visit? Here is some helpful information prior to your arrival.
- Preview our campus before you arrive
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Elko
Thanks to collaboration with our Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health Las Vegas location, patients in Elko have access via telemedicine to experts in evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
To schedule an appointment, please call 775.738.0100.
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, Elko
247 Bluffs Ave.
Suite 102 (Morning Star Health Center)
Elko, Nevada 89801