Marymount Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital is a Catholic hospital founded in 1949 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Third Order of St. Francis. Our mission is “to provide excellent healthcare guided by the Christian values of service, compassion, dignity and respect.” As a Catholic hospital, we follow the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Services and follow the policies of the Diocese
Marymount Hospital is a full-service, 269-bed acute care hospital serving communities in southern Cuyahoga County. The hospital is central to a unique 52-acre intergenerational campus, which includes assisted and independent living facilities for seniors, a nursing and memory care center, Trinity High School and the Marymount Child Care Center.
Off-site facilities are comprised of Marymount Medical Center, which includes an Express Clinic (open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday), and an Ambulatory Surgery Center on Transportation Boulevard. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Daniel Napierkowski, MD
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 216.581.0500
- Contact Patient: 216.587.8136
- Emergency Department: 216.587.8170
- Hospital Operator: 216.581.0500
- Housekeeping: 216.587.8309
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 216.587.8888
- Pastoral Care: 216.587.8140 or 216.587.8141
- Patient Access Services/Admitting: 216.587.8118
- Patient Information: 216.581.0500
- Police/Security: 216.587.8180
- Social Services/Care Management: 216.587.8801
- Volunteers: 216.587.8131
Wondering about visiting hours? At Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital, we have open visitation. This means that you can visit loved ones in the hospital 24/7 — except in some ICU settings.
Travel & Transportation
Taxis & Limousines:
- Ace Taxi: 216.361.4700
Free surface parking is located throughout the campus. Handicap spaces are located near the hospital walkways.
Parking is free.
Wheelchairs are available for use on the Marymount campus at all drop-off entrances.
Once inside, the hospital transporters can assist you in getting where you need to go. Please ask one of our greeters in a red vest, or volunteers in a blue shirts/smocks, for assistance.
Security/Police personnel are available at 216.587.8180, or extension 8180 for escort service 24/7. Security/Police personnel patrol the inside and outside of the hospital campus 24/7.
Bedside Delivery of your Discharge Prescriptions
Marymount Hospital Pharmacy offers a convenient and hassle-free prescription bedside delivery program. We can have your prescriptions filled and delivered to your room upon discharge. Most major insurance plans are accepted and payment is collected at the bedside. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, please call 216.587.8155.
Cleveland Clinic Laboratories Outpatient Draw Site is located on the main floor, through Entrance 4, first door to the right, first room on the right.
Our full-service nationally recognized laboratory is equipped to preform testing quickly and accurately. You’ll need to bring a valid order, less than one year old, from a licensed provider. Results are delivered to your provider when the test is completed.
Outpatient Laboratory: 216.587.8125
Hours for Cleveland Clinic locations may vary by date and time for available services.
Accommodations & Services
Our Patient Greeters are here to help and guide you to your hospital destination. Greeters wear red vests so they can be identified easily and are located at Entrance 4 and the Main Entrance to provide help with wheelchairs, directions, transportation and patient room information.
Chaplains are here to minister to your spiritual and emotional needs and those of your family when you are in the hospital. Copies of the New Testament, prayer resources, rosaries, prayer shawls and overhead morning and evening prayer are offered.
- The Chaplain’s Role. Chaplains respect your dignity and privacy. They do not impose beliefs or religious practices. They are caring listeners who have been trained to help with your special needs as a hospital patient and those of your family. They work with the healthcare team so that your spiritual needs, as well as your medical needs, are addressed.
- How to Request a Chaplain. Our staff of caring chaplains is available to provide support, guidance and counsel to you and your family. Anyone can request a chaplain’s visit – you, a family member, your clergy, your doctor or a member of the hospital staff. Chaplains make drop-in visits to patient rooms as time permits but always respond to a request. If you wish a visit from clergy of a particular faith or from your own pastor, priest, rabbi or imam, our office will assist you. Chaplain services have two phone numbers 216.587.8140 and 216.587.8141 or X8140 and X8141.
- Stations of the Cross. Visitors and families in need of some fresh air can walk our Stations of the Cross located in the back of the hospital across from The Villa St. Joseph.
- Chapel. Visitors and family are welcome to pray and meditate anytime in the Chapel on the main floor of the hospital near the gift shop and cafeteria.
- Local House of Worship. Please see the hospital chaplain for a list. A Catholic mass is provided daily at 10:30 a.m. in our Chapel. It also can be seen our Channel 90 on your patient television. The Villa St. Joseph Mass is televised daily at 9:30 a.m. on channel 91. Chaplain Contact Information: 216.587.8141 or extension 8140.
- Learn more about Spiritual and other Support Services offered at Marymount Hospital.
An ATM is located in the vending area outside the cafeteria.
Phone: 216.587.8888 or ext 8888 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Marymount Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
The Food and Nutrition Services Department is pleased to offer you Room Service. We offer a wide a wide variety of nutritious hot and cold choices throughout the day. Perhaps more importantly, we understand that each meal should contribute to your well-being.
- Hours of Service: 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
To Place Your Order
Please use your phone to call extension 6368 (MENU). Meals are prepared fresh to order and will be delivered in 45 minutes. For your convenience, you may also pre-order your meals for the day to be delivered at a specific time. Family members may order for you from home by calling 216.587.8789 (Please be sure to ask your host or hostess for a paper copy of the menu to take home.) Diabetic patients will need to coordinate their meals with the nurse.
Other Dining Options
The cafeteria is located on the main floor of the hospital.
- Monday – Sunday: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Vending machines are located just outside the cafeteria and in the lobby of the Emergency Department.
Gift Shop at Marymount Hospital
Call 216.587.8105 for more information.
Located on the main floor of the hospital, the gift shop includes gifts, collectibles, home décor items, cards, clothing and accessories, candles and aromatherapy products, beverages, snacks, magazines, jewelry and more. Gift shop delivery is available for patients. Purchases can be paid by cash or credit card.
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Visit the Gift Shop online
Books, magazines, crossword puzzles, word searches and Soduoku are available upon request. If interested, the patient can call 8131 for these items.