Cancelling In-Person Volunteer Assignments, Activites and Events
Cleveland Clinic is focused on maintaining the safety of our patients, caregivers and the communities we serve during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Currently and until further notice, all in-person volunteer assignments and Healthcare Partner activities and events at Cleveland Clinic facilities are canceled. Remote opportunities are available for some current and prospective volunteers. Please see the Community Pool section of this website.
Cleveland Clinic Volunteer Services will post updates specific to volunteers, Healthcare Partners and prospective volunteers on this website as new information arises. Thank you.
Hillcrest Hospital supports the concept of patient- and family-centered care, an approach that encourages collaborative partnerships between healthcare providers, patients and families. This means that we put patients and families first. We know that families are a primary source of strength and support for a patient, and that recovery and healing happens within the context of a family. The more involved a family is, the more our quality and safety improve along with the patient's satisfaction. Families are more than just visitors in our hospital, they are an integral part of the healthcare team.
A primary component of our patient- and family-centered care is our patient and family advisory council. The members of the council are valued partners in our mission to advance patient- and family-centered care. Patients and families can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive.
Hillcrest Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council practice the following four principles:
- Dignity and respect - Our healthcare team listens to and honors patient and family perspectives and choices. Patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care.
- Information sharing - Our healthcare practitioners communicate and share complete and unbiased information with patients and families in ways that are affirming and useful. Patients and families receive timely, complete and accurate information in order to effectively participate in care and decision-making.
- Participation - Patients and families are encouraged and supported to participate in care and decision-making at the level they choose.
- Collaboration - Patients, families, healthcare practitioners and leaders collaborate in policy and program development, implementation and evaluation; healthcare facility design; and in professional education, as well as in the delivery of care.
Adult Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Hillcrest Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a diverse group of patients who meet regularly to advise the Hillcrest Hospital team on ways to enhance the patient experience by providing more patient-centered care in an effort to help fulfill its goal of becoming the healthcare choice for our community. You can help create patient-centered care by sharing your insight and voice.
By becoming a PFAC member and sharing your unique experience, you can help Hillcrest improve its services and make a difference in the lives of other patients and families. If you are selected to become a member, you will be asked to serve a maximum two-year term. There is no educational background or experience required.
To become a member of the PFAC, you must:
- Be a former patient, family member and/or caregiver
- Share Hillcrest Hospital’s commitment to excellence in patient-centered care
- Have a positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
- Be able to commit to serve yearly for a maximum of two years
- Attend a Patient and Family Advisor Orientation
Joining the PFAC
If you are interested in joining the Patient Family Advisory Council, you must complete the application and an interview. Space is limited so it is possible that not all applicants will be able to serve on the council, but all applications will be kept on file for future openings. You will be contacted via the preferred method of contact you include on the application.
For additional information or questions, please contact Therese Razzante, Caring Partner Coordinator, at 440.312.1863 or by email email@example.com.
To join the Patient Family Advisory Council, complete an application.
Join the Patient Family Advisory Council.
*indicates required information.