Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Healthcare Partner with Cleveland Clinic Children’s.
The Cleveland Clinic Children’s Our Voice: Healthcare Partners was formed in 2014, originally-functioning as Cleveland Clinic Children's Family Engagement Committee. Our committee is comprised of parents, providers, child life specialists, and members from Quality and Safety. Our primary goals are to engage families for safer patient care, and an improved patient experience. Our healthcare partners have had the opportunity to speak to hospital staff about their experiences, and provide valuable insight into many hospital projects and initiatives. Members have participated in hospital safety rounds, given feedback into design initiatives, and helped with educational materials. Cleveland Clinic Children’s is committed to engaging families, and making sure the voice of both the family and the patient is heard. There are many opportunities to serve, ranging from a monthly on campus commitment, to simple email communication.
To identify potential areas of opportunity for improvement within Cleveland Clinic Children’s, relevant to parent perspective, patient experience and quality of life.
“Allowing your voice to be heard through the Family Engagement Committee allows you to create an avenue to engage with the Cleveland Clinic Care Givers and voice things from a parents’ perspective - you are heard, listened to and invited to be part of a process that creates so many very good things.”-Traci Tigue
To develop a robust complement of engaged families and caregivers within Cleveland Clinic Children’s, to improve how care is delivered, and more fully support the needs of the families that are served.
We value a collaborative relationship between Parents, Administration, Clinicians, and Children’s leadership as we seek to improve the way care is delivered within the Children’s Hospital.
- Caregiver DO’s and DON’Ts – presentation, emails to Pediatric Institute
- Pediatric Resident, State of Safety and Grand Rounds Presentations
- Redesign of M30 Unit, A120 Waiting Area
- Patient Experience Summit
- Development of Complex Care Initiatives
- Our Voice: Cleveland Clinic Children’s Healthcare Partners: Executive Committee
- Peer to Peer Program – First Hand
Other Potential Areas of Involvement
- Parent Speakers
- Special Projects
- Educational Literature Review
- New Committees planned: Transition of Care, Error Prevention
Planned Quality & Safety Projects
- Medication safety
- Readmissions reduction/discharge planning
- High reliability tools for families
Resources for Families
Cleveland Clinic Children’s is committed to engaging families, and making sure the voice of both the family and the patient is heard. There are many opportunities to serve, ranging from a monthly on campus commitment, to simple email communication.
Our Voice: Cleveland Clinic Children’s Healthcare Partners works within a framework developed by Cleveland Clinic Office of Patient Experience.
- All interested volunteers will complete a questionnaire to help assess your interest level and time commitment.
- When you have completed the questionnaire you will be contacted by a member of the Office of Patient Experience to continue the recruitment process.
- Once the initial Our Voice: Healthcare Partners process has been completed, one of our CC Children’s members will reach out to you and discuss your best fit within Children’s.
If you are interested in becoming a Healthcare Partner volunteer within Cleveland Clinic Children’s, please click on the link and fill out the form. Someone from the Office of Patient Experience will contact you soon.
If you have any questions regarding the process or would like to speak with someone prior to completing the form, please feel to reach out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.