Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Cleveland Clinic Children's Healthcare Partner!
What's Cleveland Clinic Children's Healthcare Partners?
A team of patients and family members who have had previous experience with Cleveland Clinic Children’s services or programs. We work collaboratively with caregivers to promote and enhance safer patient care and improve the patient experience.
What's our goal?
Our primary goal is to make sure the thoughts, perspectives and opinions of patients and families are being included in Cleveland Clinic Children’s decisions.
How are we involved?
Our members have had many opportunities to speak with hospital staff about their experiences with patients and families. Through those discussions and our own experiences, we've been able to advise and encourage positive change by providing valuable insights into Cleveland Clinic Children's projects and initiatives. There are many opportunities to serve as a Healthcare Partner, ranging from a monthly on-campus commitment at Cleveland Clinic main campus to virtual only participation or simple email communication.
We look forward to connecting with you! If you have any questions, please email ChildrensHealthcarePartners@ccf.org.
- Created New Cleveland Clinic Children’s (CCC) Healthcare Partners welcome packets
- Created a marketing sub-committee
- Completed Marketing Committee tear pad initiative to promote CCC Healthcare Partners
- Created CCC Healthcare Partners graphic identifier
- Commenced Tuesday takeaways
- Collaborated with Global Patient Services
- Held inaugural Healthcare Partners Heroes event
- Developed “Speak Up for Safety” for families
- Involved CCC Healthcare Partners with pediatric to adult transition project
- Involved CCC Healthcare Partners with pediatric safety rounds
- Provided input for the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Outpatient Center Renovations
- Worked with Morrison Healthcare on a pediatric inpatient menu
- Teamed up with Pediatric Palliative Care Department
- Provided feedback on patient photo ID tool in EPIC enterprise initiative
- Provided feedback on EPIC Bedside Pilot enterprise initiative
- Collaborated with Philanthropy Department
- Added CCC Healthcare Partners to Children’s rehab committees (Family Education Task Force)
- Involved CCC Healthcare Partners with quality/safety committee work – medication safety, readmissions and CLASI sub-committees
- Created an escalation of care plan with CCC Healthcare Partners
- Held first CCC Healthcare Partner Retreat
- Presented at the Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit
- Provided feedback for the new intermediate unit - M30
- Assisted in creating the new inpatient white boards on Cleveland Clinic main campus
- Established a “Healthcare Partner Advisor”
- Created Pearls from Parents email
- Collaborated with the Office of Patient Experience on several initiatives
- Presented at the Pediatric State of Safety
- Collaborated with the Office of Continuous Improvement on pediatric patient care model for complex patients
- Provided feedback for the new amenity and welcome guide
- Presented Caregiver Do’s & Don'ts at Pediatric Grand Rounds
- Annual presentation to pediatric residents
- First Family Engagement Committee Meeting held on June 26, 2014
Resources for Families
- Cleveland Clinic Main Campus Visitor Information
- Cleveland Clinic Shopping and Dining
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s Inpatient Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s Outpatient Center (R Building)
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital for Rehabilitation
- Ronald McDonald House Cleveland
- Ronald McDonald Family Room at Cleveland Clinic Children’s
- Red Treehouse (Ronald McDonald Family Resource)
- Art Therapy
- Child Life Services
- Discounted Parking
- Recognize a Caregiver (Caregiver Celebrations)
Amenities at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Outpatient Center (R Building)
- 15 minute pick-up/drop-off parking
- Lactation rooms
- Family changing rooms
- Kid friendly menu at the ouR Café
How do I get started?
If you're interested in becoming a Healthcare Partner volunteer within Cleveland Clinic Children’s, click the below link and complete the application.
Upon receipt of your application, someone from the Office of Patient Experience might contact you for a phone or in-person interview.
If selected, you will be asked to become a member of the Cleveland Clinic Volunteer Services Department and this involves:
- Completing the Cleveland Clinic online onboarding process
- Receiving a background check
- Getting a TB test
- A 1 year commitment
- Attending an orientation session
If you have any questions regarding the process or would like to speak with someone prior to completing the form, please email ChildrensHealthcarePartners@ccf.org.