At Cleveland Clinic Akron General, our nurses are deeply committed to their profession and eager to help student nurses take those first steps toward their nursing careers. We believe we have a responsibility to help new nurses and understand the need for professional role models and a supportive environment.
We’re certain that students and faculty will find their experience at Akron General both enriching and rewarding as they progress in their career as a Registered Nurse. Our goal is to provide solid clinical experiences for students from affiliated nursing schools in a collaborative, educational environment.
Service League Nursing Scholarship
The goal of Cleveland Clinic Akron General's Service League Nursing Scholarship is to provide financial assistance for students regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, who are accepted by an accredited college of nursing. The Akron General Development Foundation, through endowments funded by the Akron General Service League and other benefactors, will provide scholarships. The scholarships are awarded based on candidate's scholarship and financial need.
- Check back soon for 2019 application details.
- Candidate must be accepted by an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Program in Ohio.
- Candidates must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or more.
- Applications will be available on or around January 1 of each year. Candidates may pick them up in the Human Resources Department, print one off the Internet or have one mailed to them.
- The deadline for the scholarship is March 1 of each year.
- Scholarships are awarded in April of each year and finalists must interview in person. Recipients are invited to attend the May Service League Luncheon Meeting.
For further information, please contact Nurse Recruitment at 330.344.6867.