Cleveland Clinic Florida's Department of Orthopedic Surgery is pleased to offer a one-year Adult Hip & Knee Reconstruction fellowship. Under the supervision of the distinguished faculty of Cleveland Clinic Florida, this fellowship offers an outstanding diversity of experience in all areas of adult joint reconstruction.
The fellowship requirements include completion of an Orthopedic residency training program and obtaining a Florida Medical License.
Fellows will be exposed to a wide-range of current reconstructive techniques for the hip and knee. This includes but is not limited to: robotic surgery, partial knee replacements, cemented & cement-less fixation, and direct anterior total hip arthroplasty. As a referral center for complex arthroplasty, the fellow will obtain extensive experience in revision arthroplasty, including metaphyseal fixation, augmented acetabular reconstruction, extensile exposures, osteotomies, and direct anterior revision hip arthroplasty. A weekly conference, quarterly journal clubs, cadaver labs, and research opportunities will round out the academic experience for the fellows.
Aldo Riesgo, MD
Extensive research opportunities exist with the support of a research coordinator and research fellows.
Participation in academic activities of the department and completion of at least one publishable research project are expected. There is protected time for research and academic pursuits.
Rotations & Call
Fellows will rotate through each service twice to provide a well-rounded and immersive educational experience with each surgeon. Each fellow will be on-call one weekend per month. There will be no weekday call responsibilities. Call responsibilities include rounding on inpatients and ER consults. Cleveland Clinic Florida is a Level-2 trauma facility.
The Adult Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship participates in the San Francisco Match for all positions (SF Match ID 4920). You must complete all components of the SF Match application in order for your application to be considered complete and to be reviewed by the Selection Committee. Our application requirements are the same as the standard SF application:
- Complete Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Step I Transcript & Score > 220 is suggested with one (1) attempt/ COMLEX Level equivalent
- USMLE Step 2 Transcript & Score >220 is suggested with one (1) attempt / COMLEX Level 2 equivalent
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Please refer to the table below for new salary rates, effective July 1, 2020:
|Grad Level||Current Pay Rate|
Paid Time Away: Vacation, Maternity, & Paternity
- Vacation: 3 weeks (15 working days) provided at the beginning of each academic year
- Maternity: 6 weeks paid leave for natural childbirth or adoption; 8 weeks for cesarean section. Additional time off unpaid up to a maximum of 12 weeks under the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Paternity: 2 weeks paid leave. Additional time off unpaid up to a maximum of 12 weeks under the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Healthcare: Cleveland Clinic Florida covers 50% of annual Healthcare Plans for Clinical Trainees and their families. Effective on the first day of training with no waiting period.
- Dental and Vision Care: Cleveland Clinic Florida covers 100% of annual Dental and Vision Care Plans for Clinical Trainees.
- Maternity Care: 100% coverage is provided through the health care plan that you select within the plan's guidelines.
- Pharmaceuticals: As outlined by the Cleveland Clinic Florida Health Plan.
- Malpractice: Paid by the Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation/Cleveland Clinic Florida. Limited to activities within the training program.
- Life Insurance: $25,000 term group policy.
Travel Privileges and Other Education Activities
PGY 2s and 3s that meet eligibly criteria as outlined in the Graduate Physicians Manual may be approved to attend academic meetings for the purpose of presenting or engaging in leadership roles within national societies will be eligible up to 5 days per academic year with a maximum reimbursement of $1,200 per academic year.
Preston Grieco, MD
2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd.
Weston, Florida 33331
Class of 2022
James Baker, MD
University of Louisville
Garen Collett, MD
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Bruno Gross, MD
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Zachary Hubert, MD
Texas A&M University Health Center
Class of 2021
- Robert Avino, MD
Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- William Braaksma, MD
Private practice in Michigan
- Ardalan Sayan, MD
- Nicholas Talluri, MD
Kennedy White Orthopedic Center
Class of 2020
- Roby Abraham, MD
HCA East Florida Orthopedics
- Tyler Britten, MD
Top of Texas Orthopedics
- Preston Grieco, MD
Cleveland Clinic Florida