Webchat Transcripts - Questions and Answers with a Physician
Cardiovascular disease is by far the leading cause of death in the United States. The more risk factors you have, the greater your chance of developing cardiovascular disease. Research about cardiovascular disease risk factors suggests that making even small lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of coronary artery disease, heart attack, stroke and other serious cardiovascular conditions. As a leader in heart care, Cleveland Clinic’s Preventive Cardiology Program uses the very latest technology in diagnosis and treatment.
Read transcripts of prior webchats on this topic:
- Heart Healthy Exercise & Sports Cardiology (Drs. Phelan & Blackburn 9/27/2017)
- Understanding Heart Disease Risk Factors (Stanley Hazen, MD, PhD 07/16/17)
- Heart Healthy Living: Diet, Exercise and Lifestyle (Gordon Blackburn, PhD and Julia Zumpano, RD, LD 10/17/16)
- Understanding Heart Disease Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 07/26/16)
- Heart Healthy Exercise and Sports Cardiology (Drs. Phelan and Blackburn 02/15/16)
- Understanding Heart Disease Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 12/08/15)
- Understanding Heart Disease Risk Factors (Dr. Hazen 07/31/15)
- Sports, Exercise and Your Heart (Drs. Phelan, Blackburn and Baranowski 05/21/15)
Watch video chat
- Heart Health Diet & Exercise, on YouTube. (Dr. Blackburn and Julia Zumpano, RD, LD - 10/06/15)
- Latest Treatments for High Cholesterol, on YouTube (Dr. Cho - 8/20/15)
- Heart Healthy Diet and Cooking, on YouTube (Dr. Blackburn and Julia Zumpano, RD, LD - 02/27/15)
- Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology, on YouTube (Drs. Phelan and Cacchione - 01/27/15)
- Heart Healthy Living, on YouTube (Dr. Blackburn and Katie Patton, MED, RD, CSSD, LD - 10/22/14)
- Your Heart and Vascular Health, on YouTube. (Dr. Cho – 2/27/2014)
Follow Heart and Vascular Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter. Simply sign up for an account if you don’t have one, and then go to twitter.com/ClevClinicHeart and click the “follow” button.
- View a calendar of events and register for future chats. Check the calendar for topics that interest you!
- Back to Heart and Vascular Institute Webchat Transcripts
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic as a convenience service only and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that this information, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. The views and opinions expressed by an individual in this forum are not necessarily the views of the Cleveland Clinic institution or other Cleveland Clinic physicians.