Why Train at Cleveland Clinic?
We are delighted that you are interested in applying to a graduate medical education training program at Cleveland Clinic.
Cleveland Clinic is a not-for-profit, multispecialty academic medical center located in Cleveland, Ohio. Since our founding in 1921, education has been an integral element of our mission, which is the "care of the sick, investigation of their problems, and further education of those who serve."
You'll find many advantages to training at Cleveland Clinic. For example:
- You'll have choices. Cleveland Clinic sponsors one of the nation's largest graduate medical education programs, with 108 training programs approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), along with 92 special fellowship programs.
- You'll gain a world of experience. Because Cleveland Clinic is one of the world's largest, busiest healthcare centers, all our patients are “teaching cases.” Our trainees see rare, complex and unusual cases in addition to routine medical problems. What's more, you'll work with patients from various cultural backgrounds.
- You'll train at one of the nation's best hospitals. Cleveland Clinic is consistently named as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S.News & World Report, and our heart and heart surgery program has been ranked No. 1 by U.S. News since 1995. Many major medical breakthroughs have happened at Cleveland Clinic including the nation's first near-total face transplant.
- You'll train using state-of-the-art technology. For example, our newly updated Simulation and Advanced Skills Center is designed for physicians, nurses and allied healthcare providers to practice teamwork and communication skills; learn specific clinical skills; and develop technical skills such as laparoscopy.
- You'll discover new things. All our trainees engage in cutting-edge research in basic sciences, clinical medicine and biomedical engineering alongside our scientists and clinical faculty.
Guided by a solid tradition of excellence and a commitment to put "Patients First," we continue to pursue scientific investigation, champion clinical training and deliver the finest healthcare possible. We encourage you to learn more about education at Cleveland Clinic from the video below and explore our website to learn more about what makes Cleveland Clinic a great place to learn and grow.