Facial and neck movement dysfunction and chronic pain can occur spontaneously, after trauma or following cancer treatment. Our multidisciplinary team works to optimize function and return patients to a normal and pain-free life. This is done in collaboration with a variety of experts in several fields including:
- Speech and language pathologists who specialize in head and neck cancer rehabilitation, particularly with regard to restoration of speech and swallowing.
- Neurologists specializing in facial paralysis and facial pain disorders.
- Prosthodontists who are experts in the prosthetic management of patients, restoring teeth and, when appropriate, replacing facial structures (e.g., ears, noses) in lieu of or prior to reconstruction
- Physical therapists who specialize in head and neck movement and pain disorders, with additional expertise in improving facial function after paralysis.
- Psychologists who help patients navigate these life-altering functional changes.
Through this team-based approach, we approach each patient individually. This allows us to achieve the best results possible so that impacts to speech and swallowing are minimal.
Our dedicated team of therapists works with our physicians to help our patients return to a normal and pain-free life.
Conditions and Treatments
Make an Appointment
Cleveland Clinic Center for Facial Reconstruction and Facial Nerve Disorders offers consultations at Cleveland Clinic main campus.
After you call to arrange an initial appointment with our team, one of our providers will reach out to you to perform a pre-visit intake. Please make arrangements to have copies of prior imaging, imaging reports, operative notes, laboratory studies, pathology reports, and consult notes available that you would like us to review prior to your appointment.
Select patients now can see our providers online from their home or office by using the Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online tool. This service allows patients a fast, secure and easy way to receive care from their healthcare team in a live virtual visit using a smartphone (iPhone or Android), tablet or computer. The benefits of choosing a virtual visit include no travel or parking, less waiting, significant time savings, no facility fee and the convenience of seeing your physician from wherever you choose.
If you would like to use Express Care Online for your next visit, please call your provider’s office. If you are eligible, our team will schedule your virtual visit and provide details on the cost of your appointment and setup instructions.
A secure online tool connecting patients to their own health information from the privacy of their home.
The MyChart • Caregiver service, an optional feature in MyChart, allows you to view family members' records. When clicking on a particular name, you will access that family member's MyChart account.
Whether you have caregiver access over one family member or several, you can view this list in MyChart under "My Family’s Record."