The health of our community is not determined solely on physical well-being, but on all the factors that go into the experience of living, working, and thriving. We work to connect residents to the resources, programs, and organizations that empower them to change their health, lives, and communities. Cleveland Clinic provides free programs and opportunities for all residents in communities that we serve in an effort to influence and impact their efforts to create the healthiest version of themselves.
Government & Community Relations Events Calendar
Healthy Babies & Kids
Healthy Strides for Kids
This program combines a casual 1-3 mile walk, preceded by a brief, informative talk by Cleveland Clinic physicians and caregivers. Some of the topics addressed will include better nutrition, increased exercise, and respecting your body. Open to all children ages 9-14 and their parents.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/healthystrides, or email us at email@example.com.
Healthy You, Healthy Families
This program connects new and expectant moms and dads to community resources, support, and knowledge that will help their babies thrive during their first year and beyond. Created in response to the high rate of infant mortality in Ohio, the program is made up of support groups, hospital tours and community baby showers that educate family members and other caregivers about the basics of safe baby care.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/healthyyouhealthyfamilies, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chronic Disease Prevention & Management
This series of programs focuses on the prevention, management, and treatment of chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and stroke.
- To schedule a session of the 101 Series, email us at email@example.com.
Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Educational Series
Cleveland Clinic's Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute hosts a free monthly educational program at the Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center that addresses heart disease risk factors, prevention strategies, and heart more! Come learn how you can maintain a healthy heart.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/hviseries, or call the Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center at 216.361.1773.
Let’s Talk About Stroke
The Let’s Talk About Stroke program is a collaborative effort provided by Cleveland Clinic’s Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center and Cerebrovascular Center. These interactive sessions focus on raising awareness, recognizing symptoms, and risk reduction and prevention through healthy lifestyle changes.
You Change You
This free, interactive six-week program is about taking control of your entire life! This includes your mind, your body, and your spirit. Cleveland Clinic’s goal is to provide you with the tools, information, and courage to achieve what is important to you.
Each week will center around a core topic such as personal behavior, stress, or nutrition. Participants will be introduced to various exercises and relaxation techniques, and are asked to set weekly personal goals.
Exercise, Nutrition & Well-Being
Come Learn with Us!
A wide variety of topics are available for health talks in the community.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/comelearnwithus, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our interactive fitness classes get people active and moving. No matter where you are on your fitness journey, we have classes to help you reach your goals so you can live a happier, healthier life. Classes are open to people of all ages and abilities.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/fitnessclasses, or call the Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center at 216.361.1773.
Healthy Communities Initiative (HCI)
The Healthy Communities Initiative (HCI) fosters collaboration between Cleveland Clinic and community partners to promote optimal health and wellness. Based on the community health needs assessment and utilizing combined resources within our local communities, Healthy Communities Initiative programs will be customized around four core areas: physical activity, nutrition, tobacco cessation, and lifestyle management.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/hci.
- To inquire about forming an HCI in your community, please email us at email@example.com.
Healthy Strides… Come Walk with Us!
This program combines casual, 1-3 mile walks with brief, informative talks led by Cleveland Clinic caregivers and community partners. Topics change based on the leader’s area of expertise and suggestions from participants. All members of the community are welcome.
This program teaches men and women of all ages the fundamentals of Street-wise Self-Defense and Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) techniques. Participants will learn basic strikes, kicks, blocks and what to do if an attacker grabs, chokes or holds them. The moves are easy to learn and execute. This program is open to men and women of all ages.
Heroin, Fentanyl and Carfentanil: The Triple Threat on Our Doorstep
This series of panel discussions brings residents, community partners, and local experts together to engage in open conversation about the opioid epidemic. These events empower community members by connecting them to the resources and information they need to combat the opioid crisis.
- To join us for an upcoming program, please visit clevelandclinic.org/triplethreat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These free classes will provide you with the tools you’ll need to cope with the social, mental, emotional, and physical challenges you may face on the journey to becoming a nonsmoker.
Mammography Clinic at the Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center
The Mammography Clinic provides breast exams, women’s health education, and more! Breast Exams and mammogram screenings are usually covered under most insurance plans. Cleveland Clinic offers financial aid for the uninsured and underinsured. Financial responsibility is determined by completing the financial assistance application. The Mammography Clinic is offered through a collaborative partnership between Cleveland Clinic’s Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center and Taussig Cancer Institute.
- To schedule an appointment, please visit clevelandclinic.org/mammographyclinic, or call 216.444.2626 and indicate you would like a mammogram at Langston Hughes. A patient navigator can assist you with scheduling services at other health providers in the local community as well.
Women’s Health Clinic at the Langston Hughes Community Health & Education Center
A warm, welcoming environment for all. Free, comprehensive, confidential care, including: routine women’s health exams, preventative screenings, contraception and more!
- To schedule an appointment, please visit clevelandclinic.org/womenshealthclinic, or call the Langston Hughes Center at 216.361.1773.