The Department of Emergency Management develops and operates an integrated Emergency Management Program and Emergency Operations Plan to provide sustainable quality and ethical care to patients in any reasonably foreseeable environment or circumstance.
We establish and maintain an effective response to and recovery from disasters – internal and external – as well as large scale emergencies that impact our environment of care. Our goal is to minimize risk to patients, visitors and caregivers through proper planning in the following areas:
- Mitigation: lessen the severity and impact of a potential disaster or emergency
- Prevention: avoid, prevent or stop a potential threat
- Protection: creating a secure environment before, during and after an emergency
- Response: planning and activating plans to support operations
- Recovery: continuing or re-establishing patient care and business operations following a disaster
Not only are we dedicated to your safety while at Cleveland Clinic, we are here to help you keep your family safe at home. This includes your four-legged family members too!
Below you will find a number of resources that you can share with your family and use to prepare your own emergency plan.
- Prepare for an Emergency
- Family Emergency Communications Plan
- Basic Emergency Supply Kit
- Prepare for an Emergency Now: Information for Commuters
- Prepare for an Emergency Now: Information for Pet Owners
- Prepare for an Emergency Now: Information for Older Americans
- Prepare for an Emergency Now: Information for People with Disabilities
Visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency for more information on these and other resources.
An emergency can occur in many forms. Educate yourself on specific emergency event by using these helpful checklists below provided by the American Red Cross.
- Extreme Heat Wave
- Fire Prevention and Safety
- Power Outage
- Shelter in Place
- Winter Storm
Visit the American Red Cross for more information on these and other resources.
We have a team of caregivers at Cleveland Clinic dedicated to creating a safe and secure environment. We're here to answer your questions.
For questions, contact one of our Emergency Management caregivers by email or call 216.444.8250.
- James M. Meola, MS, CPS, CHEP
Senior Director, Emergency Management / Chairman, Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Shelly-Anne Rodriquez, MD
Staff Co-Chairman, Enterprise Emergency Management Committee
- Mark Myers, CHEP
Senior Manager, Enterprise Emergency Management
- David M. Evans, MS, CHEP
Senior Program Manager, Enterprise Emergency Management
- William Burnett, CHEP
Regional Program Manager, Northeast Ohio Regional Operations