Rishi Singh, MD
Cleveland Clinic Florida, Martin Health
Treatment & Services
- Clinical Trials
- Diabetic Eye Examinations
- Eye Examinations
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Intravitreal Injections for Retinal Disease
- Laser for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Laser Treatment of Retinal Disease
- Macular Degeneration Evaluations
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy
- Scleral Buckle
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Cystoid Macular Edema
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diseases of the Retina
- Diseases of the Vitreous
- Eye Injuries
- Floaters and Flashes
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Lens Dislocation
- Macular Hole
- Macular Pucker
- Monitoring Drug/Ocular Toxicity
- Ocular Injuries
- Ocular Manifestations of Aids
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Hemangioma
- Retinal Pigment Epithelium-Choroid Complex
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Traumatic Retinal Detachment
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
About Rishi Singh, MD
Dr. Rishi P. Singh MD is a staff surgeon at the Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic and Professor of Ophthalmology at the Lerner College of Medicine in Cleveland Ohio. He also currently serves as the medical director of informatics at the Cleveland Clinic. He received his bachelors and medical degrees from Boston University and completed his residency at the Massachusetts Eye and Infirmary Harvard Combined Program in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Singh then completed a medical and surgical fellowship at the Cole Eye Institute in Cleveland, Ohio.
He specializes in the treatment of medical and surgical retinal disease such as diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, and age-related macular degeneration. Dr. Singh has authored more than 180 peer reviewed publications, books, and book chapters and serves as the principal investigator of numerous national clinical trials advancing the treatment of retinal disease. Dr. Singh is the former president on the Retina World Congress and is on the board of the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Singh has been honored with several research recognitions such as the Alpha Omega Alpha Research Award and American Society of Retina Specialists Senior Honor Award.
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Boston, MA USA
Internship - Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Medical Education - Boston University School of Medicine
Boston, MA USA
Diabetic retinopathy, emphasis on treating conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, macula and vitreous, Retinal Detachment, Surgical and medical treatment of the retina
Awards & Honors
- Research to Prevent Blindness Fellowship - 1998
- National Institute of Health/American Association of Medical Colleges Basic Science Research Award - 1998
- International Medical Congress Research Achievement Award - 1999
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin Research Award - 1999
- Alpha Omega Alpha Research Award – 2000
- Cleveland Clinic Fellow Teaching Award – 2006
- Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award – 2008, 2010
- Product Development Fund Award – 2009, 2010
- American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) Honor Award – 2010
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Best Paper – 2011
- American Society of Retina Specialist (ASRS) Honor Award – 2012
- Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award – 2012
- Best Poster Award – American Academy of Ophthalmology – 2013
- American Society of Retina Specialist (ASRS) Senior Honor Award – 2013
- Early Career Innovation Award – Cleveland Clinic – 2013
- American Society of Retina Specialists Young Investigator Award – 2018
- J. Donald Gass Beacon of Sight Award - 2019
Innovations & Patents
- Patent Title: Chemical Compound Delivery Device and Method Patent Number: US 2008/0146986 A1, Filed: June 19, 2008
- Patent Title: Apparatus and Method for Delivering Drug to Ocular Tissue: Patent Number: 61/100,464, Filed: September 26, 2008
- Patient Title: Electrode assembly for delivery a therapeutic agent into ocular tissue: Patient number: PCT/US2011036495, Filed: January 16, 2013
Research & Publications
See publications for Rishi Singh, MD.
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/6/2022, Dr. Singh has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Singh receives fees of $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) as a paid consultant, speaker or as a member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Allergan, Inc
- Bausch and Lomb
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Gyroscope Therapeutics Limited
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novartis International, AG
- Genentech, Inc
Donation of Financial Interest. Dr. Singh has consulted for, received compensation for serving as a fiduciary from, or received royalties from the following companies but instructed them to donate all compensation to not-for-profit causes or to the Cleveland Clinic to support research and education:
- Alcon, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
34 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
6 Patient Comments
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2023
DR Sing is a fabulous doctor. He is promt in returng phone calls. He listens to you & answers all your questions. I am so sad he will be moving to Florida. He is absolutely the best.
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2023
Have been followed by Dr. Singh for a number of years. Always so pleased with his care.
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2023
Dr Singh recognized me as a patient even though I hadn't seen him since he went to Florida. I have a new hearing loss and he took extra time with me make sure I heard what he was saying.
Reviewed on Jan 27, 2023
Excellent Doctor who did exams on both eye regarding my disease. The best part was Doctor explained everything in detail.
Reviewed on Jan 27, 2023
Doctor Singh provided the findings that calmed my fears of losing my eyesight.
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2022
Dr. Singh listens to concerns, takes time to answer questions. I feel very comfortable in his care.