Treatment & Services
- Clinical Trials
- Diabetic Eye Examinations
- Eye Examinations
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Intravitreal Injections For Retinal Disease
- Laser For Diabetic Retinopathy
- Laser Treatment Of Retinal Disease
- Macular Degeneration Evaluations
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy
- Scleral Buckle
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Cystoid Macular Edema
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diseases of the Retina
- Diseases of the Vitreous
- Eye Injuries
- Floaters And Flashes
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Lens Dislocation
- Macular Hole
- Macular Pucker
- Monitoring Drug/ocular Toxicity
- Ocular Injuries
- Ocular Manifestations Of Aids
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Hemangioma
- Retinal Pigment Epithelium-Choroid Complex
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Traumatic Retinal Detachment
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Boston, MA USA
Internship - Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Medical Education - Boston University School of Medicine
Boston, MA USA
Diabetic retinopathy, emphasis on treating conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, macula and vitreous, Retinal Detachment, Surgical and medical treatment of the retina
Awards & Honors
- Research to Prevent Blindness Fellowship - 1998
- National Institute of Health/American Association of Medical Colleges Basic Science Research Award - 1998
- International Medical Congress Research Achievement Award - 1999
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin Research Award - 1999
- Alpha Omega Alpha Research Award – 2000
- Cleveland Clinic Fellow Teaching Award – 2006
- Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award – 2008, 2010
- Product Development Fund Award – 2009, 2010
- American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) Honor Award – 2010
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Best Paper – 2011
- American Society of Retina Specialist (ASRS) Honor Award – 2012
- Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award – 2012
- Best Poster Award – American Academy of Ophthalmology – 2013
- American Society of Retina Specialist (ASRS) Senior Honor Award – 2013
- Early Career Innovation Award – Cleveland Clinic – 2013
- American Society of Retina Specialists Young Investigator Award – 2018
- J. Donald Gass Beacon of Sight Award - 2019
Innovations & Patents
- Patent Title: Chemical Compound Delivery Device and Method Patent Number: US 2008/0146986 A1, Filed: June 19, 2008
- Patent Title: Apparatus and Method for Delivering Drug to Ocular Tissue: Patent Number: 61/100,464, Filed: September 26, 2008
- Patient Title: Electrode assembly for delivery a therapeutic agent into ocular tissue: Patient number: PCT/US2011036495, Filed: January 16, 2013
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/20/2021, Dr. Singh has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Singh receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Genentech, Inc
- Kala Pharmaceuticals
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Alcon, Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bausch and Lomb
- Novartis International, AG
Donation of Financial Interest. Dr. Singh has consulted for, received compensation for serving as a fiduciary from, or received royalties from the following companies but instructed them to donate all compensation to not-for-profit causes or to the Cleveland Clinic to support research and education:
- Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
46 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2022
Dr. Singh listens to concerns, takes time to answer questions. I feel very comfortable in his care.
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2021
Everyone was great. I hope it continues to be as good without Dr Singh.
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2021
Dr. Singh will be missed by me. I had bad bad news and everyone was very kind to me.
Reviewed on Dec 13, 2021
Dr Rishi was excellent. I'm sorry he is leaving
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2021
He really cares about his patients a d students! I will really miss him. He saved my life a day started me eating right for life. He taught me more any doctor I ever had!
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.