Treatment & Services
- Adult Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts
- Artificial Heart
- Atrial Septal Defect Closure
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery Re-operation
- Cardiac Surgery
- cardiac transplant
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Cardiovascular Surgery Department
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (cabg) Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Coronary Artery Reoperation
- ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- Heart Failure Surgery
- Heart Surgery
- Heart Surgery Reoperation
- Heart Valve Disease - Percutaneous Interventions
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Heart Valve Surgery
- High Risk Reoperation Surgery
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Partial Artificial Heart
- Percutaneous Valve Repair and Replacement
- Pericardium Surgery
- Pulmonary Embolism Surgery
- Pulmonic Valve Replacement
- Removal of Atrial Myxoma
- Removal of Cardiac Tumors
- Reoperation Valve Surgery
- Reoperative Heart Surgery
- Repair Of Aortic Aneurysms And Dissections
- Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections
- Surgery for Infective Endocarditis
- Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Surgical Ablation Of Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Treatment Of Adult Acquired Heart Disease
- Surgical Treatment Of Thoracic And Cardiovascular Disease
- Surgical Treatment Of Valve Endocarditis
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Section
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Replacement
- Ventricular Assist Device
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acquired Adult Cardiac Disease
- Acquired Valve Disease
- Advanced Ischemic Heart Disease
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Insufficiency
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Connective Tissue Disorders
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Related Illnesses
- Heart Valve Disease
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Infective Endocarditis
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Valve Disease
- Pulmonic Regurgitation
- Pulmonic Stenosis
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Tricuspid Regurgitation
- Tricuspid Stenosis
- Tricuspid Valve Disease
- Ventricular Aneurysm
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Mount Sinai - Icahn School of Medicine
Integrated Thoracic Surgery
New York, NY USA
Medical Education - Mount Sinai - Icahn School of Medicine
New York, NY USA
Undergraduate - Washington University in St Louis
Saint Louis, MO USA
Adult cardiac surgery, complex cardiac surgery, reoperative cardiac surgery, heart transplant, ventricular assist devices, heart failure (CHF), extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), heart valve repair and replacement, coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), aortic surgery, endocarditis (infection of the heart and valve inner lining)
Awards & Honors
- 2018 American Association for Thoracic Surgery Foundation Award, Cleveland Clinic
- 2011 – 2012 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2011 Mrs. David A. Dreiling Surgery Prize in Memory of her Mother, Florence L. Oppenheimer, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- 2011 Distinction in Research, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/16/2021, Dr. Weiss has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
42 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 23, 2021
*Dr. Aaron Wiess was fantastic/caring, came to see me everyday!
Reviewed on Apr 7, 2021
Dr. Weiss exceeded my expectations in all aspects.
Reviewed on Mar 22, 2021
The visit was exceptional in every way. Dr. Weiss was exemplary in every way. he demonstrated professionalism, care, compassion and expertise in his knowledge of my issue. It was a pleasure speaking with him and I would recommend him to anyone with heart issues.
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2021
the best hospital experience I have ever had and I have had a lot! professional courteous knowledgeable caring efficient are few of the words I would describe my experience with the doctors and all your staff!
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2021
I believe the team work and coordination of doctors form different specialties provided the best outcome for my health issues.
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2020
Doctors were great. Personable and really seemed to care.
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
I really appreciated the doctor taking the time to answer any and all questions that I had.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.