When immediate medical care is critical, rely on the experience of the emergency department at South Pointe Hospital. We care for more than 34,000 patients each year. We act as medical control for two community emergency medical services to maintain quality care in the pre-hospital setting.
The emergency department features 22 treatment rooms designed to handle everything from minor illnesses and injuries to trauma and orthopaedic emergencies.
We offer 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage by the specialties of orthopaedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care.
For more information about Emergency Services, call 216.491.6110.
Nationally Certified Primary Stroke Center
South Pointe Hospital is an accredited Primary Stroke Center, certified by the Joint Commission in alignment with the standards of the American Stroke Association. This means that our stroke program:
- Meets stringent national stroke care standards
- Is held to the highest standards in quality, safety, performance
- Provides the highest level of diagnosing and treating patients quickly
The American Stroke Association recommends that if you experience any of the following symptoms, call 9-1-1 or get to the nearest emergency department immediately:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
A crooked smile, weakness in one or both arms, and speech difficulties all may be signs of a stroke. If you notice any of these signs, get to the emergency department right away.