South Pointe Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic South Pointe Hospital for your healthcare needs. We are committed to making your time here comfortable.
We understand that this may be a time of anxiety for you and your loved ones, and we are here to help you. This comprehensive hospital amenity guide contains useful information for you while you are here. Feel free to take notes and add reminders throughout this guide. Remember to take this guide home and bring it with you for future doctor appointments, tests or hospital visits. Throughout your stay, please feel free to discuss any concerns you may have with your physicians and caregivers.
On behalf of our physicians and staff, we thank you for choosing South Pointe Hospital for your care. Our highly skilled physicians and staff will strive to make your visit an excellent healthcare experience.
Margaret McKenzie, MD
South Pointe Hospital
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Line: 216.491.6000
- Central Scheduling: 216.636.8000
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 216.491.6299
- Pastoral Care: 216.491.7738
- Patient Access Services/Admitting: 216.491.7192
- Patient Information: 216.491.7258
- Pharmacy: 216.491.7165
- Room Service: 216.491.3663
- Social Services/Care Management: 216.491.7263
- Volunteers: 216.491.6303
Visiting hours at South Pointe Hospital are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Smoke Free Policy
South Pointe Hospital and the Cleveland Clinic health system are committed to creating a healthy environment for our employees, patients and visitors. We have designated our facilities and grounds as smoke-free areas.
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to produce show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
South Pointe Hospital Badging Hours
Daily, 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Travel & Transportation
Regional Transit Authority (RTA) stops at Warrensville Center Road in front of South Pointe Hospital. Bus schedules are available at our welcome desks.
- For more information, contact RTA at 216.621.9500. Call for information and schedules.
- Visit the RTA website for current bus schedules and additional information.
To arrange for a cab, call 216.623.1500.
Outpatient Transport Services
This free shuttle service is available to transport ambulatory patients living within a five-mile radius of the hospital. Appointments may be made Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Call 216.797.4100 for more information.
Convenient and free parking is available for hospital patients and visitors. Parking is monitored by closed circuit television and patrolled 24 hours a day by security.
Parking is free.
South Pointe Shuttle
For your convenience, a free shuttle service is available to escort patients and guests between buildings weekdays from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wheelchairs are available for use on the South Pointe Hospital campus at all drop-off entrances.
Accommodations & Services
- The Chaplain’s Role. Chaplains respect your dignity and privacy. They do not impose beliefs or religious practices. They are caring listeners who have been trained to help with your special needs as a hospital patient and those of your family. They work with the healthcare team so that your spiritual needs, as well as your medical needs, are addressed.
- How to Request a Chaplain. Our staff of caring chaplains is available to provide support, guidance and counsel to you and your family. Chaplains visit patients and families daily until 9 p.m. To request a chaplain visit, please call 216.491.7738 or extension 47738.
- Chapel. Our Chapel is located on the first floor and is always open to patients, their families and visitors.
- Services. A list of worship services is posted outside the Chapel and in several other locations throughout the hospital.
- Learn more about Spiritual and other Support Services offered at South Pointe Hospital.
An ATM is located on the first floor, near the Café at the Pointe.
Phone: 216.491.6299 or ext 16299 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between South Pointe Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
We want to make your stay with us as convenient and enjoyable as possible, and we are very pleased to offer Fresh Request, a distinctive room service dining experience. Fresh Request room service dining provides you with a variety of chef-prepared meals and allows you to select the time you would like to dine.
Fresh Request room service ordering is available from 6:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Simply call 216.491.3663 or extension 43663 to order your meals. We will deliver your selection to your room within 45 minutes.
Other Dining Options
Located on the ground floor with hot foods served for breakfast from 8 – 9:30 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Café at the Pointe
Located in the Commons area we have a mini café providing a full line of coffee, bagels, yogurt, fruit and ready-to-go sandwiches.
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Vending machines are located in the cafeteria of Building B. They offer a variety of healthy snacks and beverages.
Shopping at South Pointe Hospital
South Pointe Hospital’s gift shop is open daily and offers a variety of gift items, cards, magazines and balloons.
Gift Shop: Commons
216.491.5441 or extension 45441
Please enjoy a complimentary Plain Dealer that will be delivered every morning during your stay.
Calendar of Events
The South Pointe Hospital Calendar of events can be found online at southpointehospital.org, under “News and Events.”