South Pointe Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic South Pointe Hospital for your healthcare needs. We are committed to making your time here comfortable.
We understand that this may be a time of anxiety for you and your loved ones, and we are here to help you. This comprehensive hospital amenity guide contains useful information for you while you are here. Feel free to take notes and add reminders throughout this guide. Remember to take this guide home and bring it with you for future doctor appointments, tests or hospital visits. Throughout your stay, please feel free to discuss any concerns you may have with your physicians and caregivers.
On behalf of our physicians and staff, we thank you for choosing South Pointe Hospital for your care. Our highly skilled physicians and staff will strive to make your visit an excellent healthcare experience.
Margaret McKenzie, MD
South Pointe Hospital
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Line: 216.491.6000
- Central Scheduling: 216.636.8000
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 216.491.6299
- Pastoral Care: 216.491.7738
- Patient Access Services/Admitting: 216.491.7192
- Patient Information: 216.491.7258
- Pharmacy: 216.491.7165
- Room Service: 216.491.3663
- Social Services/Care Management: 216.491.7263
- Volunteers: 216.491.6303
Visiting hours at South Pointe Hospital are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Smoke Free Policy
South Pointe Hospital and the Cleveland Clinic health system are committed to creating a healthy environment for our employees, patients and visitors. We have designated our facilities and grounds as smoke-free areas.
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to produce show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
South Pointe Hospital Badging Hours
Daily, 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Travel & Transportation
Regional Transit Authority (RTA) stops at Warrensville Center Road in front of South Pointe Hospital. Bus schedules are available at our welcome desks.
- For more information, contact RTA at 216.621.9500. Call for information and schedules.
- Visit the RTA website for current bus schedules and additional information.
To arrange for a cab, call 216.623.1500.
Outpatient Transport Services
This free shuttle service is available to transport ambulatory patients living within a five-mile radius of the hospital. Appointments may be made Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Call 216.797.4100 for more information.
Convenient and free parking is available for hospital patients and visitors. Parking is monitored by closed circuit television and patrolled 24 hours a day by security.
Parking is free.
South Pointe Shuttle
For your convenience, a free shuttle service is available to escort patients and guests between buildings weekdays from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wheelchairs are available for use on the South Pointe Hospital campus at all drop-off entrances.
Accommodations & Services
- The Chaplain’s Role. Chaplains respect your dignity and privacy. They do not impose beliefs or religious practices. They are caring listeners who have been trained to help with your special needs as a hospital patient and those of your family. They work with the healthcare team so that your spiritual needs, as well as your medical needs, are addressed.
- How to Request a Chaplain. Our staff of caring chaplains is available to provide support, guidance and counsel to you and your family. Chaplains visit patients and families daily until 9 p.m. To request a chaplain visit, please call 216.491.7738 or extension 47738.
- Chapel. Our Chapel is located on the first floor and is always open to patients, their families and visitors.
- Services. A list of worship services is posted outside the Chapel and in several other locations throughout the hospital.
- Learn more about Spiritual and other Support Services offered at South Pointe Hospital.
An ATM is located on the first floor, near the Café at the Pointe.
Phone: 216.491.6299 or ext 16299 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between South Pointe Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
We want to make your stay with us as convenient and enjoyable as possible, and we are very pleased to offer Fresh Request, a distinctive room service dining experience. Fresh Request room service dining provides you with a variety of chef-prepared meals and allows you to select the time you would like to dine.
Fresh Request room service ordering is available from 6:15 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Simply call 216.491.3663 or extension 43663 to order your meals. We will deliver your selection to your room within 45 minutes.
Other Dining Options
Located on the ground floor with hot foods served for breakfast from 8 – 9:30 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Café at the Pointe
Located in the Commons area we have a mini café providing a full line of coffee, bagels, yogurt, fruit and ready-to-go sandwiches.
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Vending machines are located in the cafeteria of Building B. They offer a variety of healthy snacks and beverages.
South Pointe Hospital’s gift shop is open daily and offers a variety of gift items, cards, magazines and balloons.
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
To contact the gift shop please call 216.491.5441 or dial EXT 45441 from a hospital phone.
Place orders online or call (877) 887-3200 for FREE SAME-DAY DELIVERY from the Gift Shop directly to patients in the hospital. Phone orders are welcome and available during Gift Shop operating hours. No additional charge or no minimum purchase required for hospital deliveries. For your convenience, we accept Cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and< American Express.
We offer custom gifts for every occasion, including:
- "Get Well" and "Thinking of You Gift" baskets
- Custom gift baskets for your special friend, relative, new mom and baby
- Gift baskets for children. Just share with us the recipient's age and we will design an appropriate gift basket
- Beautiful fresh flower arrangements
- Potted plants or silk plants decorated with a gift bow
- Balloon bouquets including balloons that sing when they are tapped
Gift shop items include:
- Personal care items such as lip balm, lotion, hairbrush, toothpaste and nail clippers
- Socks, slippers and robes
- Purses and scarves
- Fashion jewelry and reading glasses
- Games and plush animals
- Inspirational gifts
- Seasonal gifts
- Cards, magazines and books
- Collectible figurines
- Picture frames
- We offer a Customer Reward Program. Earn gift shop rewards by accumulating points on all qualified purchases.
- We also offer "Weekly Special" promotions. Stop in and be sure to ask about this week’s current feature!
Please enjoy the complimentary Plain Dealer that is delivered every morning during your stay.
Calendar of Events