Marymount's Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Clinic provides specialized nursing care and education for patients diagnosed with congestive heart failure, helping them better understand their condition and how to manage their health.
Our Clinic’s outpatient setting provides convenient and easy access to cardiology services to help minimize the need for hospital readmission.
Our CHF Clinic has been recognized nationally by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for achieving outstanding outcomes in the treatment of heart failure.
For information about Marymount's CHF Clinic, call 216.584.4344.
Marymount Hospital’s Congestive Heart Failure Clinic is an education and treatment program designed to help patients control their disease. Our staff will work closely with your physician to keep them fully apprised of your progress.
You are an active participant in your treatment plan, learning how to control CHF through:
- Medication compliance
- Making dietary changes as needed
- Making lifestyle changes such as monitoring and tracking your weight on a daily basis
- Seeing your doctor regularly.
- During follow-up visits, your doctor will make sure you are staying healthy and that your heart failure is not getting any worse.
- Your doctor will ask to review your weight record and list of medications.
With the right care, heart failure will not stop you from doing the things you enjoy. Your prognosis or outlook for the future will depend on how well your heart muscle is functioning, your symptoms, and how well you respond to and follow your treatment plan.
After you have received your physician’s referral to our program, contact the CHF Clinic staff to schedule your first appointment. Our goal is to help you live well with CHF.
- Your health status will be evaluated and concerns identified by a registered nurse in our Clinic.
- An individualized education plan will be created for you.
- Weekly appointments over a four-week period will be scheduled, then adjusted as your condition warrants.
- You will learn about managing your congestive heart failure, controlling your symptoms, and taking your medications appropriately.
- You will receive follow-up care for as long as it is needed.
Marymount Hospital Specialties
Marymount Hospital is committed to providing exceptional patient care in a wide variety of medical specialties. Learn more about the programs and services we offer.