Hillcrest Hospital recognizes the important role that family and friends play during the recovery process and has established patient-centered visitation. Patient-centered visitation is responsive to patient’s individual needs, wishes and privacy, and it provides for a safe, clean and restful environment.
The following are visitation guidelines:
- Patients may receive visitors around the clock.
- During the hours of 9 p.m. - 5 a.m., visitors are required to enter the hospital thru the Emergency Department and check in at the West Tower Information Desk to present identification and receive a visitor badge. The badge must be worn in full view at all times by visitors.
- Visitors currently on site at 9 p.m. are required to check in at the West Tower Information Desk to present identification and receive a visitor badge if staying past 9 p.m.
- Limitation on visiting hours and number of visitors may be made related to safety, interference with the care of the patient or other patients, the patient’s need for privacy or rest, risk of infection, number of visitors at one time, and any visitor behavior that is disruptive or threatening to patients, employees and/or functioning of the nursing unit.
- Children must be supervised at all times while visiting.
- Children less than 12 years of age may not visit overnight.
- Visitors are asked to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the patient room. If visitors are ill, they are asked not to visit.
- The noise level needs to be kept to a minimum.
- Any special visitation circumstances should be discussed with the Charge Nurse on the nursing unit.
Visitor ID Badges
Visitors who come to the hospital from 9 p.m. - 5 a.m. need to bring a picture ID and get a visitor badge from the West Tower Information Desk.
Cleveland Clinic is committed to the safety of its patients, visitors and employees. We have implemented a visitor photo badging system at all of our hospitals to support our commitment to safety by positively identifying visitors at our hospitals, ensuring they have a valid reason to be in our hospitals, to honor our patients’ visitation preferences, and to deter potential risks.
Contact a Patient at Hillcrest Hospital
To contact a patient, call 440.312.3066. Patient’s first and last names are required.
If you cannot visit a relative or friend at Hillcrest Hospital, we invite you to use our system to send your greeting or message.
Our cafeteria is located in the hospital basement and is open daily 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Visitors may purchase meals and refreshments in the cafeteria (located on the ground floor of the main hospital tower, adjacent to elevator B) or the Bistro (located in the hospital atrium).
Patient Room Service
Ordering is available 6:15 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Bay Hollow dining provides you with a variety of meals and allows you to select the time you would like to dine.
You may also order guest meals for family or friends for a nominal fee.
The Hillcrest Hospital Gift Shop is located on the first floor of Seidman Tower, near the elevators.
The Gift Shop offers a variety of items to fit your needs, including:
- Fresh floral arrangements
- Greeting cards
- Baby items
- Stuffed animals
- Seasonal items
- and much more!
The Gift Shop will deliver flowers, balloon or other gift items to patient rooms. Orders for delivery may be placed by telephone using a credit card.
Please call the Gift Shop at 440.312.3475 if you are looking for something specific.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Legal holidays: Closed all holidays
The Gift Shop is operated by Lori's Gifts.