Hillcrest Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Welcome to Hillcrest Hospital. I am pleased that you have chosen us as your healthcare provider. At Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital you will receive care from private practice and Cleveland Clinic physicians and specialists working together with skilled nurses and clinicians.
It is our goal to be the best place to receive care, an optimal place for healing and a permanent resource for patients and families in times of sickness and health. Our caregivers, regardless of their job titles, work hard to create an excellent patient experience for you.
That’s what our work is about - patients and families. Each of our physicians, clinicians, administrators, hospital staff and volunteers is committed to providing the highest quality of care with sensitivity to individual needs and concerns.
For multiple years, national studies have repeatedly recognized Hillcrest as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals. Thank you for your trust in us. This Patient and Visitor Amenity Guide will be a useful resource to you and your loved ones during your stay at Hillcrest. If you have any questions, or if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to ask any of our caregivers.
Again, thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital.
Richard D. Parker, MD
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 440.312.4500
- Emergency Department: 440.312.4600
- Health Information Services: 440.312.4544
- Housekeeping: 440.312.3180
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 440.312.9140
- Patient Information: 440.312.4580
- Pediatric Emergency Department: 440.312.7337
- Security: 440.312.3390
- Spiritual Care/Healing Services: 440.312.3739
- Social Services/Care Management: 440.312.4662
- Volunteers: 440.312.4130
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Contact a Patient
To contact a patient, call 440.312.3066. Patient’s first and last names are required.
If you cannot visit a relative or friend at Hillcrest Hospital, we invite you to use our system to send your greeting or message.
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Upon entering the Emergency Department entrance, visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
Travel & Transportation
- Regional Transit Authority (RTA): 216.781.1110
- Visit the RTA website for current bus schedules and additional information
Taxis & Limousines
- Yellow Cab: 216.623.1500
Parking is free.
A self-parking garage is located west of the main entry driveway. Additionally, there is a surface parking lot located across from the hospital at Hillcrest Hospital’s North Campus.
Hillcrest campus shuttle service is available 5 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays, to assist our patients and guests. This free, campus shuttle bus is available to bring you to the main hospital campus, the rear entrance of the Medical Office Buildings, and the North Campus parking lot.
Valet Parking & Rates
Main Entrance Valet Hours: Monday - Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Emergency Department Entrance Valet Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- $8 per vehicle
- $6 per vehicle with valid handicap tags, valid AARP card or a valid Golden Buckeye Card
Security personnel are available at 440.312.3390 or extension 23390 to escort you to your car between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
From 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. the main entrance of the hospital is closed and all visitors must enter through the Emergency Department. Visitors are required to wear a visitor badge from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. seven days a week.
Hillcrest Ambulatory Pharmacy is located on the first floor of the atrium.
Hours for Cleveland Clinic locations may vary by date and time for available services.
Bedside Delivery of your Discharge Prescriptions
Hillcrest Hospital can fill your discharge prescriptions and deliver them to you or your family at the bedside. A member of the pharmacy staff will come to your bedside and collect the necessary information and work with your nursing staff to secure the needed prescriptions. The pharmacy accepts most insurance plans and can receive credit card payment at your bedside. As an alternative, your family can pick up your medications, if you direct us, at the pharmacy, where other forms of payment are accepted.
Accommodations & Services
Spiritual Care/Healing Services
If you wish a visit from clergy of a particular faith or from your own pastor, priest, rabbi or imam, our office will assist you and can be reached at 440.312.3739 or extension 23739.
The chapel is located off the Main Tower Lobby. All faiths are welcome.
The kosher lounge is located across from the chapel.
ATMs are located in the hospital atrium and at the entrance of the cafeteria on the lower level.
Phone: 440.312.9140 or ext 29140 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Hillcrest Hospital and the patient in resolving issues that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the issue occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday, or you may leave a message anytime. Presenting an issue does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Music and Art Therapy
Music therapy combines music and therapeutic techniques to aid in the physiological, psychological and emotional well-being of an individual during treatment of an illness. At Hillcrest Hospital, music therapists work in the inpatient hospital areas and in the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center.
Art therapy utilizes the creative process of making art to help patients in their healing and recovery. Art therapists work with patients at bedside, in group sessions, and in public areas with patients, families and employees. Art therapy is provided throughout the inpatient hospital and in the Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center at Hillcrest Hospital.
Our Voice: Healthcare Partners Council
Hillcrest Hospital is proud to support patient- and family-centered care, an approach that encourages collaborative partnerships between the healthcare providers, patients and families. Families are more than just visitors in our hospital; they are an integral part of the healthcare team. A primary component of patient- and family-centered care is the Our Voice: Healthcare Partners Council. Patients and families can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive; you are welcome to learn more at hillcresthospital.org/pfcc or call 440.312.1863.
Amenities & Dining
The Food and Nutrition Services Department is pleased to offer you Room Service. We offer a wide variety of nutritious hot and cold choices throughout the day. Our menu also reflects the particular dietary restrictions you may be ordered at your physician’s request.
- Hours of Service: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
To Obtain a Menu and Place Your Order
Once your physician has prescribed your diet, please use your phone to call extension 26368 or dial 55, and our nutrition representative will be happy to help you. Family members also may assist you with ordering your meal if needed.
You may also order guest meals for family or friends for a nominal fee. Guest meal tickets can be purchased at The Bistro or The café during business hours for $5.00.
Other Dining Options
Located in the lower level of hospital
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Located in the hospital atrium
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Located in various areas throughout the hospital
Hillcrest Hospital Gift Shop
Located on the first floor of Seidman Tower, near the elevators. The Hillcrest Hospital Gift Shop is operated by Lori's Gifts.
Place orders online for free same-day delivery from the gift shop directly to patients in the hospital. Phone orders are welcome and available during gift shop operating hours. No additional charge or no minimum purchase required for hospital deliveries. For your convenience, we accept Cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
We offer custom gifts for every occasion, including:
- "Get Well" and "Thinking of You Gift" baskets
- Custom gift baskets for your special friend, relative, new mom and baby
- Gift baskets for children. Just share with us the recipient's age and we will design an appropriate gift basket
- Beautiful fresh flower arrangements
- Potted plants or silk plants decorated with a gift bow
- Balloon bouquets including balloons that sing when they are tapped
Gift shop items include:
- Personal care items such as lip balm, lotion, hairbrush, toothpaste and nail clippers
- Socks, slippers and robes
- Purses and scarves
- Fashion jewelry and reading glasses
- Games and plush animals
- Inspirational gifts
- Seasonal gifts
- Cards, magazines and books
- Collectible figurines
- Picture frames
- We offer a Customer Reward Program. Earn gift shop rewards by accumulating points on all qualified purchases.
- We also offer "Weekly Special" promotions. Stop in and be sure to ask about this week’s current feature!
Call 440.312.3475 for more information.
Gift Shop Hours
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hours vary on holidays
In Support of Women Boutique
Call 440.312.0267 for more information.
Located at North Campus
- Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.