The Cleveland Clinic Florida Heart Valve Center team specializes in diagnosing and treating heart valve diseases. Built upon a legacy of excellence at Cleveland Clinic, our doctors are national leaders in heart valve procedures. Our skilled doctors perform the latest minimally invasive, robotic and traditional techniques.
Cleveland Clinic Florida Heart Valve Center: Why Choose Us?
Our Heart Valve Center provides a comprehensive approach to treating all types of heart valve disease. Our program offers:
- Multispecialty team: At Cleveland Clinic Florida, we have a team cardiologists and surgeons who work together to provide the best care. With this collaborative approach, we are equipped to care for the full range of valve diseases and cardiovascular conditions. No matter what your needs, our team has the knowledge, experience and skills to help.
- Research and innovation: Our physician scientists are on the forefront of the latest cardiovascular therapies and treatments. They are respected, nationally known experts who provide exceptional care with leading-edge technology, right here in Florida.
- Complete care: Our experts use their knowledge to build a care plan that fits your unique needs. Our doctors help you meet your health goals, whether you need monitoring, a minimally invasive procedure or surgery.
Heart Valve Conditions We Treat
Valvular heart disease includes conditions that affect the valves of your heart, which open and close to regulate blood flow. We care for patients with:
- Aortic valve disease, including bicuspid aortic valve disease.
- Aortic valve disease that includes the aortic root or aorta.
- Complex valve disease affecting more than one valve or who need combined treatment for other medical conditions.
- Infective Endocarditis.
- Mitral valve disease.
- Pulmonic valve disease.
- Reoperation for valve disease.
- Tricuspid valve disease.
- Valve disease with atrial fibrillation.
- Valve disease related to prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Heart Valve Disease Procedures We Perform
We perform advanced, leading-edge procedures for heart valve disease, including:
- Aortic valve repair and replacement.
- Combined heart surgeries for valve and atrial fibrillation as well as complex conditions.
- Heart surgery that involves the aortic valve and aorta.
- Interventional options with transcatheter valve procedures for mitral, aortic, tricuspid and pulmonic valves.
- Long-term monitoring of valve disease.
- Minimally invasive heart valve surgery.
- Mitral valve repair and replacement.
- Paravalvular leak closure.
- Percutaneous pulmonic valve replacement.
- Pulmonic valve repair and replacement.
- Robotically assisted mitral valve surgery.
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (MitraClip).
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement.