The Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute at Cleveland Clinic Florida is one of the region’s leading referral centers for advanced cardiac care. Our team of interventionists and cardiologists offers leading-edge diagnostics testing and nonsurgical interventional treatment options for our patients.
The Section of Structural & Interventional Cardiology provides our patients with the highest quality of care. We achieve successful outcomes for patients undergoing primary and revision procedures, sometimes for life-threatening heart conditions. We provide care for problems as common as chest pain (angina) to more serious conditions such as heart attack and mini-stroke.
The Structural Heart Disease Program and Multidisciplinary Valve Clinic provides innovative, multispecialty care for patients with advanced and complex valvular and structural heart disease. We offer our patients access to the industry’s most advanced and FDA-approved devices for atrial fibrillation (Afib) and stroke prevention. From evaluation to personalized treatment plans, this unique program offers our patients specialized medical technology including one of the most advanced hybrid operating rooms and percutaneous surgical labs in the country.
What We Treat
The Section of Structural & Interventional Cardiology offers our patients the latest, most technologically advanced diagnostic testing and interventional (catheter-based) treatments for atherosclerosis, heart valve disease, adult congenital heart disease and stroke prevention.Diagnostic Testing
- Cardiac catheterization
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Myocardial biopsy
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Coronary flow reserve (CFR)
- Optimal coherence tomography (OCT)
Our expert team of interventionists offers the latest catheter-based procedures for a variety of complex heart disease and stroke prevention interventions including:Valvular Heart Disease
- Aortic, Mitral, Pulmonary valvuloplasty
- Transcatheter valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (MitraClip)
- Paravalvular leak closure
- Percutaneous pulmonic valve replacement
- Left atrial appendage closure (WATCHMAN™)
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure
- Closure of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD) closure
- Pulmonary vein stenting
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
- Closure of coronary fistulas
- Closure of aortic pseudoaneurysms
Appointments & Locations
To schedule a consultation, call direct 954.659.5230 or toll-free 877.463.2010. You can also make an appointment online.
You can now stay connected to your healthcare team through virtual visits, using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Why go virtual? It's an easy, convenient and secure way to see your provider face-to-face without having to leave home. This saves you travel time, parking fees and time spent in the waiting room — and you can also have a loved one or caregiver join you. If appropriate, you can also get a prescription sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
Many insurance companies cover the cost of virtual visits, so check with your insurance company ahead of time. Interested in getting started? Call your provider to find out what virtual visit options are available.